“Best Mexican food around!!!”
Review of El Maguey

El Maguey
Ranked #6 of 25 Restaurants in Cameron
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed July 10, 2017

I eat here quite often, the food is always good and hot (temperature wise) and the atmosphere is also great. El magueys are also known for their white cheese, it is so good.

Reviewed June 20, 2017 via mobile

This was our second time here, as were in town visiting friends. The food is very good and so is the service. I especially liked the fajitas I got- I think it was called the Pollo Feliz- chicken, shrimp, peppers, mushrooms, onions, and cheese. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed June 3, 2017

El Maguey is convenient to access from our hotel. The fish tacos were listed as new to the menu. I found them sub par. The flour wrap on the fish was cool, the fish was grilled but just barely warm, and the standard rice and beans were not exceptional. I would not return here, but my dining companions found it satisfactory.

Reviewed May 28, 2017 via mobile

I generally don't eat Mexican food north of the Texas/OK Border but made an exception and it was really good! The salsa was delicious. We had the soft fajita tacos and there was so much meat on them. We were very surprised. I'll be going back!

1  Thank Terri B
Reviewed May 22, 2017

Absolutely delicious mexican food. If you order the large margarita be prepared.......it's HUGE! Good sized portions. We will definitely be back when we come to town.