Grand Avenue Bed and Breakfast
Fairfield Inn
Hotel Joplin(Joplin)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewswonderful placeother guestswonderful visitprivate bathbeautiful victorian homewonderful surprisecomfortable bedsmodern amenitiesher husbandone night stayjeannehostesshostscenturyhistorychildhoodmissouri
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I chose this property because all the hotels in Joplin were full, and I knew Carthage was close-by. What a great decision!! Bedding was the softest sheets I have ever used, bed was firm but still soft (no saggy in the middle), room was just the right size (could have used more hanging space) and shower was hot and strong pressure. The house is very well maintained and there is a great deal of original stained glass -- just beautiful. Common areas are welcoming and hosts were so nice (thanks, Jeannie and Mike). The breakfasts were outstanding!! Jeannie kept the food coming and it was hot and fresh. I especially loved the coffee which they were very generous with (allowed me to fill my travel mug).

Stay here rather than the big hotels in Joplin. No matter what you are doing in the area, you will love having this comfortable, beautiful place to return in the evening. My 9-year old son thought it was just grand! ;-) There were lots of games and videos for him to entertain himself with -- and wireless internet for me.

Room Tip: We had the Louisa May Alcott room (with a roll-away), and it was pretty limited. Still, it would be perfect for two.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2011

We showed up at the Grand Avenue Bed and Breakfast without giving our hosts much notice, but they graciously welcomed us, and even showed us all the rooms before we settled into the Laura Ingalls Wilder Room. It has an extremely comfortable king size bed with a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom, which was a welcome addition. The house was charming, with lots of stained glass windows, and we were invited to use the big screen t.v. in the front parlor, even though we had a small t.v. in our bedroom. All the guest rooms were occupied, and it made for lots of interesting conversation around the breakfast table in the morning. Breakfast itself was delicious...yogurt with bananas and granola, sausage with delicious multi-grain pecan pancakes, as well as orange juice, and a variety of hot beverages to choose from. We mentioned that we loved the architecture of older homes, and we were given a brochure that detailed the location of the countless historic homes that were right there in the same neighborhood. I would definitely recommend this establishment as a great place to get a wonderful night's sleep, and to wake up to a delicious home-cooked breakfast.

Room Tip: Laura Ingalls Wilder Room is the only guest room located on the first floor, so there is plenty of privacy, and the room appeared to be the largest and was decorated beautifully. Compared to other bed and breakfasts, we thought the prices here were a true bargain.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ThomasTCat
Reviewed August 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed for a 1 night get away for his birthday. The house is very charming and comfortable. We enjoyed the jacuzzi and patio very much. The breakfast was delicious! We will be back. :)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phaedra O
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I stayed at the Grand B&B for work so I wasn't able to enjoy many of the amenities. But if I had a chance to go back for a weekend vacation I would. This place was very comfortable and the owners were so accommodating that it was really a haven after a long day at work. I recommend this place to anyone visiting the area because it was easy to travel back and forth between nearby towns and Carthage itself was an enjoyable little town with cute shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Beautifully furnished Victorian house, but rather pricey for the size of the rooms. Breakfast was delicious!

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family