“Lunch in style”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Take the old pacific higway exit to Brooklyn and you will find the Mooney Mooney Club just 25 minutes drive north of Hornsby. I have been here twice now for lunch in the space of a short time and would highly recommend visiting. The whole vibe here is very relaxing. The service is good, the staff are great and the food is well priced for the portions you receive. Would recommend the chicken snitzel and the seafood basket.
Good tip is to book a table before arrival. Ask for a table outdoors to admire the views.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

A perfect spot for our Easter Sunday lunch. We sat inside on what was a hot day. Full table service was provided with the excellent staff taking great care of us. It was a busy day so there was a little time delay in getting mains. The food was excellent & overall a great experience.

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

I’d been here a couple of times before with similar experiences but this one has taken the cake.

1+ hour wait times (we were waiting with no updates for an hour before we had a waiter inform us of the wait) for sub-standard food, clearly frozen schnitzel, a dipping plate with off cherry tomatoes, and the smallest $40 seafood platter I’ve ever seen.

Would not recommend this place to anyone. The only good thing was our waitress, she was really great.

Reviewed March 17, 2018

Saturday night dinner. The place was pretty well booked out but despite that we were most impressed with the quick and attentive service.
Garlic bread followed by a t-bone and a scotch fillet and blueberry meringues. Good size portions (but not the excessive serves that seem to be the way these days !) Tasty food well prepared - perhaps not 'prime cuts' but good "club food". About $27 each which was good value.
In summary - good food, and outstanding service. And delivered promptly...we didn't experience any of the delays experienced by other reviewers.

1  Thank graemeandjanet
Reviewed January 22, 2018

We have been coming here regularly for a few years now.Up until now, the drinks and meals have been quite good.When we booked a table by phone, we asked for an inside table under a ceiling fan, if possible, as the temperature that day was anticipated to reach 38 degrees celsius. When we arrived, we were given a table near the window corner which radiated heat ( no ceiling fan), so, before being seated, we asked to move to an alternative table on the other side of the restaurant, where there was a vacant table under a ceiling fan.
As our son was visitng us, we thought it would be a relaxed and enjoyable option for lunch. Our mains were a snapper dish with prawns on top, a chicken schnitzel and I had a seafood entree which came with an assortment of cold seafood accompanied by some mesclun and seafood sauce.
We waited for around half an hour for our mains to arrive. The large Scnitzel was presented with chips. The chips looked quite anaemic and could have done with more cooking. Our son had a few mouthfuls, then said he wasn't feeling that hungry. The mesclun on my plate contained rotted leaves which were black in places and were not fit for consumption. The waiter initially offered me a freshly prepared plate, but I didn't want to be left eating on my own with the delay it may take and the Mooney Mooney Club is not reknowned for its speedy service, though the gentleman attending to it was extremely efficient and helpful. True to his word, the seafood entree returned with fresher mesclun leaves, there was certainly no offer of anything to compensate.
My husband's snapper meal was very nice and he enjoyed it very much. When our son left the table to use the bathroom, we both tasted his schnitzel dish. It had absolutely no flavour on the seasoned coating or the chicken. We realised then that he didn't want to say anything about how tasteless it was, for fear of offending us with our choice of restaurant.
When our son returned to the bathroom, he advised my husband not to use a specific cubicle, as he spent about 30 seconds trying to get out, as the lock on the cubicle door was not working properly. I admit, this added to our feelings of disappointment in coming here.Our son notified one of the staff of his experience. Hopefully this will be followed up.
We did not opt for desserts and only stayed about an hour and a half in total, including our half hour wait prior to meals being ordered.
Previous visits here have always been pleasant. It is a lovely setting. When service is a little slow, you accept that knowing that it will be worth the wait. However, on this occasion, I'd have to say that it was a complete disappointment. It was a Monday during school holidays and not particularly busy, so I cannot even use that as an excuse for poorly prepared meals. I guess one dish out of three is not good odds. I cannot see us returning in a hurry. It is time that the chef and kitchen staff lifted their standards in providing consistently good meals to keep people happy. Many diners drive a reasonable distance or come by boat, to eat here Ultimately they are responsible for the quality of the food and how it is served.

1  Thank chrissiemac54