“Good food with wine to match”

Balaban's Wine Cellar and Tapas Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Balaban's Wine Cellar and Tapas Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 221 Restaurants in Chesterfield
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 12, 2016

The appetizers were really good, especially the mini tacos. The private party room was organized well by the hostess. The choice of dinner entrees were good. I usually avoid fish unless its a seafood restaurant, and because most of these places make it too bland with some sort of simple butter infused concoction. But Balaban's surprised me with the sweet and flavorful marinade they used for the fish.

Dessert choices were good. The beignets weren't too bad.

Wine choices were nice too as expected at a place like this.

Date of visit: December 2016

Reviewed December 9, 2016 via mobile

If I could give zero stars, I would! I'm actually sitting in the restaurant still as I write this review. I was here for dinner tonight for a friends birthday and decided to take a bite of my spouses steak. There was a part of gristle or bone in the steak that I chipped my front tooth on!!! I told the waitress and gave her the piece of gristle/bone. Did I get even so much as an apology?!? NOPE! The waitress even came by and said, "I told my boss and took him the pieces, but I'm not sure what he's going to do." I said, "just an apology would okay." Still NOTHING! Walked out with $150 bill and no apology. I know they can't help that there was gristle/bone in the steak, but my god, they could have apologized!
UPDATE: right before we left, my friend's husband asked to speak to the manager. He came out and said, "it was an error on their part and they should have apologized." This was after some discussion. Too bad.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed November 2, 2016

I really enjoyed our meal at Balaban's. The atmosphere is sort of cozy. The service was great. It seemed a little expensive to me.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed October 18, 2016

Food was great and the drink selection as well. A bit pricey, but a nice place overall. I would recommend the Beef Wellington.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed July 31, 2016

Three of us enjoyed our weekday lunch at Balban's. Selected the Margherita flatbread, salmon sandwich and lunch combo. All were good. Nice table service by Adriane.

Date of visit: July 2016