“Very nice and conveniently located”

Balaban's Wine Cellar and Tapas Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Balaban's Wine Cellar and Tapas Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 217 Restaurants in Chesterfield
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 10, 2017

I was visiting St Louis looking for lunch in the Chesterfield area and saw this on open table. Glad I tried it. Nice menu choices for lunch. Food was good. Big wine selection if you like wine.

Reviewed December 12, 2016 via mobile

Open Buffett style Sunday brunch. Plenty of meat, pasta & pastry options. Omelette station & mimosas. Very pleasant service. The most disappointing thing about a brunch is that they offered no pancakes.

Reviewed December 12, 2016

The appetizers were really good, especially the mini tacos. The private party room was organized well by the hostess. The choice of dinner entrees were good. I usually avoid fish unless its a seafood restaurant, and because most of these places make it too bland with some sort of simple butter infused concoction. But Balaban's surprised me with the sweet and flavorful marinade they used for the fish.

Dessert choices were good. The beignets weren't too bad.

Wine choices were nice too as expected at a place like this.

Reviewed December 9, 2016 via mobile

If I could give zero stars, I would! I'm actually sitting in the restaurant still as I write this review. I was here for dinner tonight for a friends birthday and decided to take a bite of my spouses steak. There was a part of gristle or bone in the steak that I chipped my front tooth on!!! I told the waitress and gave her the piece of gristle/bone. Did I get even so much as an apology?!? NOPE! The waitress even came by and said, "I told my boss and took him the pieces, but I'm not sure what he's going to do." I said, "just an apology would okay." Still NOTHING! Walked out with $150 bill and no apology. I know they can't help that there was gristle/bone in the steak, but my god, they could have apologized!
UPDATE: right before we left, my friend's husband asked to speak to the manager. He came out and said, "it was an error on their part and they should have apologized." This was after some discussion. Too bad.

Reviewed November 2, 2016

I really enjoyed our meal at Balaban's. The atmosphere is sort of cozy. The service was great. It seemed a little expensive to me.