“Probably the best selection and food available anywhere”
Review of Annie Gunn's

Annie Gunn's
Reserve with OpenTable
Annie Gunn's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 222 Restaurants in Chesterfield
Price range: US$31 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Irish, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: CHESTERFIELD AIRPORT ROAD
Reviewed July 10, 2018

The service is always excellent, the daily specials are not to be missed, the baked potato soup is the best ever, their Caesar salad with grilled chicken is consistently superb. A wide variety of burgers in the $10-!5 range with a mountain of fries is difficult to pass up. Prime beef is served, the heirloom tomato salad is delicious, the fish specials are unusual and perfectly prepared. The Smoke House store next door is an experience which sells a variety of the cuts of meat available in the restaurant.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

I found this resturaunt to be a bit typical and not very exciting. The food was not bad but it was not amazing i ordered a steak and it did not taste any different than the one I had at Longhorn. Very, Very overpriced. I also do not need to read 3 pages about the various accomplishments of the chef, it seemed a bit pretentious. I have eaten at Gordon Ramsay restaurants and Emeril Lagasi restaurants as well as Mario Batali establishments and never have I seen multiple pages of so much self praise. It really causes the diner to expect nothing less than perfection, and that is not quite what happens.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

I try to stop here every time I am in the area. Wonderful steaks and the sides and salads are delicious. While certainly not the cheapest food you will find, it is by far has some of the best.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Annie Gunn's is known for their steak, and my 16-ounce ribeye was spectacular -- cooked perfectly, with a fabulous crust and just enough (which is to say a lot of) seasoning. The whipped potatoes were sinfully rich, as well. But the desultory asparagus was mediocre and slightly overcooked, and the butternut squash was ... butternut squash. Seriously, who puts plain, cubed butternut squash on every plate -- especially in the middle of the summer? Bread pudding for dessert was adequate, with too much bourbon in the sauce, and certainly nowhere near as remarkable as the waitress seemed to think.

And that's another major problem. When I drop a couple of hundred bucks for dinner, I want the service to be unobtrusive. At Annie Gunn's, they seem to pride themselves on their obtrusiveness, with waiters, managers and, I don't know, valet parkers interrupting your meal every five minutes to ask how it is. Meanwhile, we had reservations for 8:30 but were seated at 9, I asked for a gin martini and was served one with vodka (which had the living daylights shaken out of it), our table was in the back room which was painfully loud -- a table of tipsy women, which is not the fault of the restaurant but was still unpleasant -- and I was seated right in front of a fan on the floor that kept up a continual draft, until I moved.

None of this would be a problem for an ordinary restaurant, but this is supposed to be among the best places in town.

Reviewed July 8, 2018

My wife & I stopped in to Annie Gunn's for a mid-afternoon lunch after some Sunday shopping in the vicinity. We had not been there in several years (pretty far from our house), and the business has done nothing but get even better over that time. We were greeted very cordially & seated immediately at a table in the bar area, with several regulars & maybe future regulars filling the bar stools and chatting with the very friendly bartender. The restaurant interior & the Sunday afternoon clientele lend an atmosphere reminiscent of an upscale country club, mixing casual tones with an air of elegance. It's a very comfortable space for enjoying a wonderful meal.

Our waitress Ericka was very attentive & personable, and she kept our table cleared of completed dishes & used silverware while bringing regular refills for our soft drinks. My aged & smoked prime beef brisket sandwich on a flavorful brioche bun was by far the best tasting beef sandwich I've ever tasted, while the housemade coleslaw matched it in quality & rich flavor. My wife's Reuben sandwich was equally tasty, and the French fries on the side were hot with a crispy exterior & good potato flavor. We each had enough left over for a dinner portion, so we were unable to sample any of their great sounding desserts.

We will definitely return to Annie Gunn's at our next opportunity, maybe next time to splurge a little for a steak or a chop or a half chicken entree. Whatever they serve is bound to be a winner.

Been to Annie Gunn's? Share your experiences!