All reviews no elevator irish pub continental breakfast small hotel first floor chain hotel downtown clayton flat screen comfortable beds st louis molly parking wedding valet cheshire desk lodging
Reviewed April 30, 2018 via mobile

We were extremely pleased with the accomodations and staff at the 7 Gables Inn. We had our rehearsal Dinner, wedding ceremony, and reception there. We also had all our out of town guests stay right at the hotel and the Bride and Groom stayed in the beautiful Bridal Suite. Amanda was awesome to work with and took excellent care of all our needs. All of the staff were friendly and willing to bend over backwards to ensure our daughters wedding was a huge success. Thank you again 7 Gables, we will be using you again for any of our future events.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

I am a frequent traveler, but tire of the corporate hotels, so 7 Gables seemed to be a nice change for a recent university check out trip in St. Louis.

Reception, you are greeted with wonderful chocolate chip cookies, which my daughter determined the best she ever had, Breakfast is provided which was lovely, and other nice amenities like dark chocolate, coffee and water provided.

The stairs are steep so if that is a challenge for you, I would request a first floor room. Linens and bed was great so no complaints there.

I thought the condition of the room was tired and far from spotless. Stained carpet in room 214,dusty night stands, and it looked like no one had vacuumed behind night stands in a long time. So that was a bit of a turn off for me.

All in all ok stay, but given the price, not sure I would choose this hotel again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank mom2lingling
Reviewed March 6, 2018

I stayed at the Seven Gables in for just one night for business. The location was just a block from my client, so it was ideal. I usually appreciate small inns in historic buildings, so my expectations were high. I was disappointed.
The reception was lackluster. I actually felt like my colleague and I were inconveniencing the staff member at the desk by trying to check in.
My room was on the first floor, just around the corner from the reception. It only had a very small window, so the small room was very dark. I did find the bathroom to be well appointed with big, fluffy towels and great bath products, but that was the only highlight of the room. As I was near the reception area, there was noise in the hallway most of the night, so I got very little sleep. By contrast, my colleague has a large size king room on the second floor (we booked at the same rate).
They advertise a continental breakfast in the adjoining pub. I was surprised to see that it was more than just continental, as there were hot options as well. Well, they were supposed to be hot, but the scrambled eggs were ice cold. I selected my breakfast items and sat at a table only to realize there was no silverware or napkins. It took me 10 minutes to locate a staff member.
I won't be staying here on my return trip to St. Louis.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank Kara Y
Reviewed March 4, 2018

This hotel/Inn was the kind of lodging we love. This hotel is in an historical building and registered as a historical building. You walk into a hallway, no reception of formal check in. We went up to our room, surprise, a large room with king size bed. Well appointed. Great mattress and pillows, that I wished I owned. Now this is not a chain. Bathroom was not large but perfectly adequate. Large TV coffee and great amenities. Met and exceeded our expectations. Went down to the bar. A very pleasant place. Staff all two of them were treat, especially Judy. Eventually went up to bed, both tired. The bed was like a cloud I fell asleep in minutes. This hotel was in an excellent location in Clayton, close to everything. St Louis is the big city that isn't. You can go all over the city without driving for hours.(Dislclosure, I lived in St Louis when I first cam to the USA in 1976.) the staff were delightful. That's the Good...The Bad....No elevator, but this is a small Inn, however the stairs were very steep, I looked on it as a challenge. If you have luggage such as a normal size carry on bag, get some help. House keeping is not that that good. There were some crushed nuts on the stairs that were there when we arrived and when we left. I would venture to say the stairs had not been vacuumed recently. Another surprise was a loud music band on our second night, we could hear it over the TV. I was tired enough that I fell asleep quickly, my wife was not so lucky. The Oops. We had a long and pleasant day on Saturday. We ended the day at the Pub in their sister hotel The Cheshire Inn, the pub is incredible. Returned to Seven Gables sometime after 7pm. Opened our door to find the room exactly as we had left it in the morning. No housekeeping at all. Bed not made, towels where we left them, obviously no fresh towels, no coffee refil. We called down stairs to see what had happened. Apparently the housekeeper had not turned up for work. They delivered at our request fresh towels. This is a total failure on management. A good manager would have enlisted all staff and covered the lack of the housekeeping. Pity, I would not avoid this Inn in the future, but I might consider their sister hotel which I stayed at on my last trip to St. Louis.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Keith T
Reviewed February 28, 2018

I booked this trip for a business trip and seconds after I booked I realized I needed an airport shuttle and this hotel doesn't provide one. I called and they refused to work with me to make any changes. I completely understand if they had lost business or had to make any accommodations but they didn't have the reservation for more than 5 minutes, they should work with the customers more.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business