“Arrogance”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 83 Restaurants in Clayton
Reviewed April 4, 2018

The food was OK but the attitude was uncomfortable. The manager. Mr Dill ( I know his name I am there with my husband a lot ... he should know my name or say hello) as well as the dining room manager knows me. Or....he knows me when I am with my husband. I was with a girlfriend tonight and they tried to seat us at the worst table in the house. (Reservation was under her name). The waiter was nice the food just OK but the attitude was horrible.
I like a place where I am comfortable and the food is good. They acted like they were doing us a favor.

Many other restaurants in St Louis.

1  Thank Golfgirl53

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

This was my first time at the St. Louis location. I have visited Eddie Vs and Capital Grilles in other cities. We were very excited about having Easter dinner here. Upon arrival the restaurant impressed us. Beautiful restaurant and ambiance. The bar and wine areas are impressive and modern. The staff warmly welcomed us. Our server was personable and attentive. That’s where it ends. The meal was awful. The bread basket was very good. Where can you go wrong with a salad? But the main course was a disappointment. Our steaks were not the best cut and were not the temperature requested. The sides were awful! The Brussels sprouts and the au gratin potatoes were burnt. The Brussels sprouts were unrecognizable!!! The lobster Mac and cheese was a joke. I have had better tasting and with larger amounts of lobster at other restaurants. I had a mojito and it was okay. Then came time for dessert. Who doesn’t want dessert???? We didn’t because everything in the meal was so poorly done, we were sure that dessert would be awful.

All in all, I cannot recommend this restaurant. There are many other options that are more flavorable and better.

1  Thank MickMick
Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

Nice dinner, excellent steaks, with very good service. Kind of pricey as I have a limited dollar amount per person. I asked for medium rare for my KC Strip, and it was more medium than rare.

1  Thank Jeff H
Reviewed March 5, 2018

I was recently invited here for dinner to discuss business. We were in a semi private area of the restaurant to allow for discreet conversation. Unfortunately, there was a private meeting room adjacent to our table where an "ole boys club" gathering was taking place behind closed doors.The men's voices were not contained by whatever material the door was made of! Our server did everything to satisfy us within his control. Sadly, the disturbance remained thoughout our seating. The food and service was very good! My BONE-IN KONA CRUSTED DRY AGED KC STRIP WITH SHALLOT BUTTER was well seasoned and cooked to order. The choices of appetizers, salads, and side dishes were a nice variety and in season. For dessert I ordered the FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO CAKE. It was rich and delicious!

1  Thank LisaW3758
Reviewed March 4, 2018

This restaurant opened in St. Louis about 2 months ago. I had already looked into trying them in Chicago or Seattle, never the less they opened in St. Louis....

Crab cakes were fabulous but the amount of food you get for the prices they are charging is not adequate.

If you want to go just to experience them for yourself then go, but don't say you weren't warned.

Also, the menu was bland - nothing jumped out to me.
The best steak places in St. Louis to me are Twisted Tree and Kries' due to how long they age their beef.

1  Thank Rockstarss