“Noisy but high quality ”
Review of Pastaria

Pastaria
Ranked #4 of 80 Restaurants in Clayton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This restaurant is loud when it is busy, with little to absorb noise that includes kitchen clanging.

Otherwise it is a very good place for an informal meal with high quality food. All the desserts are made in house. The pasta dishes are very satisfying. The Huevos Rancheros are a unique dish, unlike what you would find in a Mexican restaurant, and don’t ask for a bottle of hot sauce because there are none — the dish is slightly peppery and that’s how you will get it.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went on Father's Day early like 5 ish and according to the no wait app, come on in.
Plenty of seating but as it got a little later, people had to wait at the bar (not a bad thing) I did notice a lot of 2 top tables, but on this day there seemed to be a lot of parties of 4 and 6 people! Ordered the risotto balls AMAZING, we did the chopped salad, pistachio ravioli, pineapple pizza and some pasta with pork. We shared these among 4. For dessert, some lemon gelati and the birthday cake one.

Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

Simple wood fired pizza. Great char on the crust. Check out the Gelato. Banana chip or rhubarb. Both were excellent.

Reviewed May 1, 2018 via mobile

I ordered the pepperoni pizza with their spicy house sausage. Pizza was a bit too acidic for my taste. Waitress asked if I wanted a to-go box and I refused. She kept asking as if I were unsure about my decision and I kept advising that I did not want the leftovers (90% of my good was uneaten). Feed it to the pigeons, for all I care — I don’t want that acid reflux in a box. I ordered the birthday cake for dessert thinking that it would give me some semblance of substanance and it was dry and crumbly. Overall, my Pastaria experience was hampered due to the food not being to my liking but the atmosphere was lively and electric, which truthfully did me more good than the actual food. Waitress was super sweet unlike the lemonade I ordered, which tasted of tap water, weak lemon, and not enough sugar.

Reviewed April 25, 2018 via mobile

I had dinner tonight while only a business trip. My server was fantastic and was only equaled by the pasta I ordered. Better than any pasta I’ve ever had back home in Birmingham!