“Fantastic new experience,”

Adventure Rider Centre
Reviewed April 5, 2018

I have been riding street and roadracing before, but always wanted to try Enduro riding.
When looking for a place to try in the Mijas areal, I felt over all the good reviews of The Adventure Rider Centre.
As I was living close by, I drove the shop to have a look. There I made Kaz and Nick, they was very friendly and showed me around, and gave me all the information I needed. So I booked a ride 2 days after.

In the morning an other rider and me, was picked up at the hotel by Kaz, 5 minutes after we was at the Adventure Rider Center, there we met Baz who should be our guide/ teacher for the day.He asked about our riding experiences and what we expected of the day.

Then Kaz and Nicky started with all the equipment, everything was almost new or looked that way. High quality products from Klin and Alpinstar.
Before we left everting fitted perfectly, everybody was very friendly and professional.
We was then choosing bikes, nice Husqvarna 2 or 4 strokes, they was then adjusted to our liking.
Of we went to the “play ground”, an open area close by, with lots of different tracks. We followed Baz around for about an hour, every time we stopped, he was giving us good advises, helping us getting a good balance on the bike.

When he thought we was ready, we took off into the beautiful mountains. Baz was a very good “teacher”, stopping before every difficult passing, giving us a few good tips, and showing us the way.
We had a few stops during the day, for coffee sandwiches or what we liked. Baz was all the time very informative about the area, about bike riding.
Always wanted to give tips and tricks, a few time during the tip he showed us how to clime very steep hills, impressive what he could do on a bike.

About 5 pm we was back at The Adventure Rider Centre, we had been riding 100 km, Kaz and Nicki was waiting with cold beer, softdrinks and chips,
Just what needed after a “hard day”. All our used clothes was put in a small cart for cleaning. We had a long chat about the day, everybody was very friendly and relaxed. The team really made you feel "At Home”. Kaz then drove us back to the hotel.

What a day, this was for sure one of my biggest experiences on motorbikes. Every “petrol head” should give it a try.
Baz, Kaz and Nicki at The Adventure rider centre in Mijas Pueblo, does a wonderful job, giving you a Bike Aventure, makes everyone feel
Excited and challenged, but stil very confident. The views are breathtaking, and everything are in a very friendly atmosphere.
For sure I will be back, Keep up the good work guys !

All reviews
"no pressure"
"dirt bike"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

First class in every aspect. You can not fault Baz and kaz for the experience they offer you. From the moment you arrive at the airport your adventure begins. A fantastic array of bikes to choose from along with exceptional gear(mine was brand new) stunning scenery and great company. Words cannot do justice to these guys. I’ve been going for years. I’ve tried the rest but the ARC is simply the best. Already planning my next trip. best present way wife has bought me in years. No scrap that. Best present she’s ever bought me!

Reviewed March 10, 2018

Having done several years off green laning in the UK I thought Spain might be a bit of the same-old, albeit drier. I couldn't have been more wrong. Our visit saw some fairly freakishly wet weather conditions in the previously near drought-stricken region, but no big deal- as we say in the UK, "the wetter the better".

Andalusia is utterly fabulous anyway, but even more so for offroading. Rocky trails, technical ascents, flat-out sandy stretches, and in our case, plenty of dam-busting river crossings. The locals are nearly all super-friendly and you get wide grins and waves as you blat past (try eliciting that sort of response on a byway full of horse riders in the UK), and the best bit is that most of the trails are seemingly never-ending, so you spend minimum miles on the road.

Secondly the bikes and equipment are second to none- we ended up on the Husvarna 350 four strokes and wanted for nothing, Dave is a fantastic personality, has been tinkering with bikes, cars and engines for a long time, and clearly knows his stuff. Was great to chinwag about his racing history. Nicky will kit you out with gear that is either brand new or in perfect nick, comfortable to the point of forgetting it's there, and super high quality. Simply no expense spared, and for the price of admission I don't really know how they do it.

Thirdly one has to mention our esteemed guide and mentor, Baz and his team. Baz is super friendly, whoops when you do well, laughs when you fall flat on your face, is an inspiration to watch ride, full of enthusiasm and insight at all times and above all, clearly loves and cares about doing what he does. Shortly before our visit he'd been riding with the world's best, Graham Jarvis, and I asked if he ever got bored showing nobbers like us around- he answered that "how could anyone get bored doing this, watching and helping people learn?". Along with Steve he showed us how it's done properly without ever making us feel overwhelmed or sub-standard (however much we tried to demonstrate that we were :D ). Safe to say that I learned more and dropped more bad habits in two days of riding with these guys than I did across all my years of TRF rides.

And last but not least, Kaz is no less enthusiastic and will make sure everything about your stay is perfect. Again super-friendly, up at the crack of dawn to get you where you need to be, and is also an ex champion rider herself. Kaz, next time I'd love to see you out on a bike too....

Overall, probably the best riding experience of my life, no exaggeration. Thanks Baz, Kaz, Steve, Nicky and Dave for being simply excellent at what you do. See you again soon.

Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

From the moment we were picked up at the airport the attention to detail is perfect.

I went with my brother and we both had never been off road before however were looked after by Baz and Kaz. They’re professionalism & service was second to none. Lovely people who are passionate about what they do. The bikes & the kit provided were either brand new or in amazing condition. There is no expense spared.

We done around 150 miles in 2 days, Baz was our guide & his teaching methods were fantastic! We’ve learnt so much in such a small amount of time. Can’t wait to come again next year

Big thanks to Dave, Steve, Nicki, Glyn, Baz & Kaz. Great team!! Stay amazing!!!

See you next year
Mannie & Sam

See more reviews
Reviewed February 28, 2018

My husband booked two days off-road motorbiking and I tagged along for a couple of days of rest and a break from the grey skies in London. We were met by Kaz at the airport and taken to the hotel which is a decent 4 star hotel with a good bar, plenty of space to sit and relax and a good buffet breakfast. The spa is currently closed but due to reopen in March.
On both days Kaz came to collect my husband from the hotel at 9am and invited me to tag along to meet the rest of the team and have a coffee with them. They made me feel very welcome and I really enjoyed chatting to them and seeing the set-up which is very slick and professional. They dropped me back at the hotel an hour or so later.
I had a quiet few days and read my book at the hotel and wandered around Mijas Pueblo which has some nice shops, lots of restaurants, amazing views over the countryside and I found a great salon only a few minutes walk from the hotel - Mijas Natural - where I had an excellent 1 hour massage from Christiina for 40 Euros. The salon offers lots of hair and beauty treatments and the staff and venue are lovely. Malaga and Marbella aren't far away so it would be easy to do a day trip for someone looking to be a bit more active than I was. There are also some good walks along the seafront.
Kaz gave me a little welcome pack which was a lovely touch and she and the rest of the team were very hospitable throughout our stay.
If you're wondering whether to tag along with someone who's riding, I would recommend it. It's a very easy trip from Gatwick, with a 20 minute transfer provided by the Adventure Rider Centre at the beginning and end of the trip. It was a bit chilly when we were there but in the warmer months it would be the perfect place to relax and soak up the sun.