“Can't stay closer to MIZZOU unless you're enrolled!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri)
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Columbia
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Can't stay closer to MIZZOU unless you're enrolled!”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

FALL FOOTBALL WEEKENDS 2011-Located 2 blocks from Farout Field in Columbia. Clean rooms-typical Hampton Inn floorplans, Wonderful staff! General Manager Susan Bell ONSITE serving hot breakfast/coffee to guests on Saturday mornings before football games verifying each guest had a great stay! Onsite sportsbar Stadium Grill offers pub food and drinks and is still very family friendly.

Location is great for visits to University of Missouri!!

Good to know: 2-night stay (Fri/Sat night) required for football games, only 1 car per room allowed-MUST display parking voucher to prevent towing (hotel provides a new one each weekend-hotel is right next to stadium), tailgating is not allowed in lot.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
joehecht, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri), responded to this review, 12 January 2012
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia! We truly appreciate your valuable feedback, and we're happy that you were able to enjoy your time away from home here with us. We hope that you will choose us again on your future trips to Columbia! Thank you again! Joe Hecht, Assistant General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 8 December 2011

This is the third time I've stayed in this hotel as it's 1/4 miles from the massive Herne Center, the basketball arena, and MU football stadium at Mizzou. It also is adjacent to a gas station (that also sells beer and wine) and a restaurant called Champs. It's got a nice little pool and hot tub and an exercise room with 2 treadmillls and bikes, a small weight set and a cold water, water cooler ( bring your own bottel to fill).
The rooms are nice, clean, but the best part are the yummy soft bedsheets, pillows and one of the most comfortable night sleeping ever. I shared a room with my snoring teenager. It's usually a problem, but by turning on the fan that's part of the heat/cooling system....I didn't hear a peep, and the fan is not that loud. It's a perfect white noise. I really didn't want to get out of bed in the morning. I had coffee that was in our room (nice) and the breakfast bar was well stocked, clean and had plenty of room for guests to enjoy their breakfast in comfortable chairs, little tables and an area with tall bar stools too. We came in right after an entire swim team was eating, and it was still well stocked and the tables were getting wiped very clean. That kind of detail was wonderful, especially if on a time table.
The breakfast had those delicious looking waffles you can make on your own...but they taste like cardboard as the batter is instuitional. Yet, that's rescued by the coffee selection offering robust and regular and decaf coffee and a nice selection of teas and by yogurt and granola, and fresh fruit. The eggs look okay, but are cooked in massive amounts, so I always avoid those and go for the toast area instead.

I got a late check out at noon (it's usually 11am) and since my son was at a camp until 5pm...I wasnt sure how to spend my day. I drove to the downtown area north of campus, about a mile or so north, and could not find one parking place. So i just came back to the hotel, plugged my laptop in and stayed in the breakfast bar area all day, enjoying the wireless connection, the fireplace and the coffee until he was finished. Very pleasant. We paid $109 for a Saturday night, one room with two queen beds.

Room Tip: Walking down the hall, every room on our floor was FILLED with four girls from a girl's swim tea...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Nala335
joehecht, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri), responded to this review, 9 December 2011
We are very happy to hear that you've enjoyed your stays here with us on multiple occassions. Thank you for taking the extra time to leave such a detailed review! We hope to see you again soon! Thank you again for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia! Joe Hecht, Assistant General Manager.
London, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Great staff. Room was large, clean and comfortable. Had no problems at all while there. Slept well.

Great complimentary breakfast (Belgium waffles! Yum!). I used the laundry facilities while there and they were in good condition and decently priced.

Overall I'd stay there again and will be recommending it to family & friends.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
joehecht, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri), responded to this review, 6 December 2011
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia. We look forward to having you here with us again! Joe Hecht, Assistant General Manager.
Pleasant Hill, Missouri
Reviewed 23 November 2011

This hotel is an excellent place to stay and the staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and very comfortable and the bed provided a wonderful nights sleep. I was very impressed with the pillows which are duck feathers and down( would have bought one if they had sold them). One of the nicest breakfast areas and the food good for a hotel hot bar. The bar and grill had wonderful food and excellent service and I will eat there every time I am in columbia. This is my favorite place to stay when visiting my granddaughter at school.

Room Tip: Feel they are all about the same. Very quiet hotel.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
joehecht, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri), responded to this review, 26 November 2011
Thank you for the wonderful comments about your recent stay with us! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will continue to allow us to serve your lodging needs while visiting Columbia in the future. Thank you again for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia! Joe Hecht, Assistant General Manager.
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 22 November 2011

The hotel is very nice and kept up well. Staff was pleasant. Breakfast was ok for a hotel hot bar. Would stay with them again, proximity to athletic events and no need to worry about parking is a big bonus.

The only issue we ran into was cleaning of the room. They use a card you put into the key card lock for do not distrub. All it says is relaxing, but apparently this is taken as a request to not clean the room. We had the card in the slot until around 12:30. Removed it and went to the sports bar at the facility for a burger and beer. Returned around 1:45 for 15 minutes and had the card in the lock. Then removed it and left around 2:00 for the 2:30 game that lasted until 6:00. Got back to find the room had not been cleaned and my wife was informed that the lock card was taken as request to not clean.the room. It doesn't say anything to that effect on the card. It did not ruin our weekend but as I was paying for a suite I was disappointed. Will know better next time to call and ask for the room to be cleaned daily. Even with that snag I still rate the hotel high and would recommend to others.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for leaving your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize about the confusion regarding the "do not disturb" cards. I am glad to hear that you were still able to enjoy your stay with us and I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to provide you with an even better stay in the future. Thank you again for your time and feedback! Joe Hecht, Assistant General Manager.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Great location just off Univerity of Missouri campus....staff is always very friendly and breakfast is above averagef for these type hotels. Ideally situated 1/3 mile from an awesome running trail system. My favorite place to stay in Columbia....

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
joehecht, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri), responded to this review, 17 November 2011
Thank you for leaving such nice comments about our hotel! We are very happy to hear that we're your favorite hotel in Columbia! We hope to continue making your future stays as enjoyable as possible. Thank you for making the Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia your first choice for accommodations while visiting the area! Joe Hecht, Assistant General Manager.
Wentzville, Missouri
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Overall this is an excellent hotel. The room was clean and the bed was good. The major problem was that one the last night of my stay the Internet in the hotel stopped working and was not working at the time of my checkout the next day. I complained on Twitter to Hampton Inn. They said the problem was being addressed. I wish the hotel had made some effort to compensate me for my troubles.

• Stayed October 2011
joehecht, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri), responded to this review, 21 October 2011
I would like to apologize for the issue you encountered with our internet during your stay. Unfortunately our service provider experienced a regional outage that affected our hotel. We understand how important internet is to our guests, and we would like to extend our 100% guarantee to you because of this, you should receive an email with an updated receipt. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve as your first choice in lodging while visiting the Columbia area in the future. Thank you for your valuable time and feedback. Joe Hecht, Assistant General Manager.