“Do-able if it's the last room in town”
Review of Royal Inn Columbia

Royal Inn Columbia
Royal Inn Columbia
Ranked #31 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Which it was. Stayed there homecoming weekend 2011. All other hotels were sold out unless you wanted to go to Jeff City or Fulton. Went with some girlfriends. We were honestly pretty nervous about staying there so the good news is, we survived. Yes, it was sketchy and not great but hey, no bedbugs and the people were at least nice. If your expectation is that it's going to be nasty but you need a place to sleep that's dirt cheap you shouldn't be too disappointed. I have to admit I don't regret that I didn't stay at a hotel that was quadruple the price. However, I would not stay there if I was a female traveling alone.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Elisabeth3720

Reviewed 29 April 2010

I got in at like 11 pm so I got one of the last available rooms on the top floor. It had just rained, and the carpet in my room was soggy. So, not only did my socks get wet, but I was also undoubtedly breathing in mold, since I doubt that's the first time that room has flooded from rain. (I examined the carpet and it was basically rotting along the edges.)

On the other hand, the night cost me barely over 30 bucks, and the motel is convenient to the Interstate and accepts your dog, so there are advantages.

The other thing I would add is that it's in a sketchy area and you kind of fear a little bit for your personal safety, so if that's an issue for you I'd recommend paying more money and finding a different hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank likesthebeach41
Reviewed 29 October 2009

we stayed here one night and had no complaints. room was clean as was facilities, definately reccomend, was right price and conveniently located.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank momof2hbos
Reviewed 29 August 2009

Southwest Motel 6. This hotel was convenient right off the freeway. It was a day after a big storm and the computers were all down. The clerk couldn't get the credit cards to go through by phone or computer, so she gave us and one other person rooms for free. I'm not sure it was worth it. The carpet and bedspread were beyone filthy. We made sure not to touch either with bare skin. We knew the sheets were clean so we stayed. There was so much deferred maintenance I wasn't sure the balcony above our room wouldn't come down if someone were to walk on it. I would not stay again nor would I recommend anyone else to stay here unless they do a major renovation.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple