“No problems. Pricey for what it is.”

Comfort Suites Columbia
Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Stayed here while visiting friends over the weekend. Don't recall any major issues and staff was friendly. Happy hour looked fun and their breakfast looked pretty good but we were dining out (Cafe Berlin, make sure you visit!). Overall it was a nice chain hotel but pricey for an early January stay when there was no events in town that I could discern.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ARViking
Erin G, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2012

Thank you for your response. We are pleased to hear your stay was wonderful and we will definitely keep up the great work. We hope to see you again the next time you are visiting Columbia, MO.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

The desk, tables, all furniture were filthy....had smears all over them. Bathroom mirror had not been clean from previous guests....light switch had toothpaste on it. Ice machine on our floor (2nd) did not work. There were NO door knobs on the 1st or 2nd floor doors to the stairway...just holes...you had to put yur fingers thru the holes to pull doors open!!! We did not get here until 9:00 at night & just wanted to go to bed as we were just passing thru on our way home...otherwise we would have left right away.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lovegoodfood899
Erin G, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2012

Thank you for your response. I am sorry to hear our accomodations did not meet your expectations. I have mentioned the room issue to our Head Housekeeper and we will ensure this will not happen again. The doorknobs are broken and new ones are on the way--I have opened the doors so that way none of the guests have to touch them. I apologize again for the inconvienice this caused you and your family. If you have anymore questions please contact the hotel.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

The desk staff was courteous and helpful. The peanut butter cookies were tasty and a good surprise treat. The room was clean and very quiet. The breakfast was better than average. The only negative that I have to share is that the shower curtain was much too short and water got all over the bathroom floor. If I ever had to stay again in Columbia, MO, I would say here.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a room away from the highway noise.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your response! We are glad to hear your stay was wonderful and our staff will keep up the great work. We will definately get more shower curtains--thanks for the information. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 March 2012

Stayed here after a 10 hr drive in some rather nasty weather. Had no reservation, but they had a couple of rooms left. Everything was as expectied or better. I have become leary of choice hotels due to the number of run down properties they are passing off as quality hotels. I would recomend this hotel to all.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Erin G, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

Thank you for your response! We are pleased that everything was satisfactory, and that you would recommend us to others. Hope you will stop by the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 23 January 2012

I stayed here without a reservation. Arrived in Columbia after 12 hours of driving to find all the hotels packed with high school students in town for some state-wide competition. The Comfort Suites was the first hotel I stopped at that actually had rooms and I feared the worst but was too tired to care.

The young man at the front desk was really nice and gave me a room on the top floor so no one would be making noise above me (something I was too sleepy to even consider) and assured me that the staff would be walking the halls to make sure everything was quiet. I guess they did - or these were the best behaved high schoolers on the planet - because there were no issues with noise, and I'm not a heavy sleeper.

The breakfast was good and the internet pretty fast at the business center. My room was really clean and comfortable. I feared a sleepless night but this hotel was a great surprise!

Room Tip: If you have a preference, don't be afraid to ask for it. The staff is really nice and will likel...
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank AaBl

Thank you for your response. It is great to hear that our staff is keeping the Hotel comfortable and quiet for all of our guests to get some sleep on our busy weekends. We truly appreciate your "tip" about our staff members and promise to keep up the great work. Hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 19 January 2012

We switched from HiltonHHonors some years ago, and are nothing but satisfied. This hotel is either new or nearly so, and they met our every expectation.

As Elite Gold Members, we were given a discount. Breakfast was excellent.

Room Tip: We book thru Choice Hotels.com, and always get a good rate. These hotels are certainly not perfect...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Thank you to our Elite Gold Members for your review! I am pleased to hear your stay was wonderful and our services and amenities were satisfactory! We hope to see you again soon and thanks for the reservation tip!

Reviewed 10 December 2011

This is a great hotel for your stay in Columbia. Perfect location to downtown and West Columbia, easy access to I-20 and I-26. Great staff who will do anything to make your stay comfortable. New upgrades to the room (Flat Screen TV and new vanity) make a great addition. Perfect for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Erin G, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2011

Our staff thanks you for the wonderful response. I am pleased to hear your business trip went well and our accommodations well suited your needs! Hope to see you again the next time you are in Columbia.