“Remarkable Remodeling” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #32 of 35 Hotels in Columbia
Homer, Alaska
“Remarkable Remodeling”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

The front (at least) building of this old fashioned motel where I stayed for a week on a very low Priceline bid, is incredibly run down. Soft, sloping floors. Wracked cut-down doors. Exterior walls that shake in the breeze. Hard to believe it hasn't been condemned by the building safety inspection. But in what must have been an heroic effort by the contractor, it has been recently papered and painted over to pretty much resemble the standard Travelodge decoration scheme.

The lobby, however, is pretty nice with all the standard amenities, and the staff, who undoubtedly must have to put up with a tremendous load of crap from unhappy clientele, are very professional and professionally friendly and falling over themselves to be helpful.

Just off the freeway in a car-lot district I was surprised that morning bird-song was louder than the traffic. I even heard an unusually high pitched great horned.

Room Tip: My review describes the first floor of the front building. It's possible that the upper floor or...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TravelodgeColumbia, Manager at Budget Host Columbia, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
We do appreciate the positive feedback regarding the staff and the lobby. It is an older hotel and we have done extensive work on the exterior. We sincerely apologize that the room did not meet your expectations. We are in the process of refinishing the doors now that the weather is cooperating. We were glad to note that amidst all the unpleasant highway noises you were able to enjoy some pleasant bird song. We will be working on making improvements all through the summer and hope that future guests will experience a more pleasant and satisfactory stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

I very much enjoyed my stay at Travelodge in Columbia Mo. I was just in town to do a little shopping, and found it to be for the most part convenient and accommodating. While its obvious that hotel isn't a recent build, I think the staff there did a good job keeping it presentable. The staff at the desk were ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL. You would have thought you were at the Four Seasons if you didn't know any better. They gave me directions to my destinations, recommended a suitable restraunt, and gave me faster direction out of town. Biscuits and gravy for breakfast, and a clean breakfast area. The rooms were dated, but suprisingly clean!!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Columbia, who is value minded.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We would like to thank our guest for the positive comments as we try our best to make each and every guest's stay pleasant and memorable. We are especially thankful as generally guests tend to express only concerns and seldom take time to express positive comments. So thanks again.
Boonville, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

did not lke the shower had rust from the celing and the floor had cracks and holes in them

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
We sincerely apologize for your unsatisfactory experience. We would like to thank you for your input and would like to assure you that the issues in this room have been addressed.
Thank you and our apologies once again.

Travellers are raving about these Columbia hotels

Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

I stayed here 10/14/11. I asked to be moved from my first room because of a cricket in the room and the odor. The 2nd room was even worse, and a layer of dust covered everything, including the showerhead. The first room also had mouse droppings under the dresser. (I moved it trying to find the cricket.)
I was with a group of folks, so going to another hotel wasn't viable, especially at midnight. But when I asked for my bill to be adjusted, the offer they made meant I would have spent about $120 on a pigpen. I asked to talk to the general manager, who would not speak to me. In fact, the assistant manager hung up on me!
Do not stay here!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
We do apologize for the inconvenience experienced during your stay. Some situations are difficult to contend with such as the entry of small bugs into outside entrance rooms when the doors are opened and closed frequently. We did compensate the guest by refunding the full amount of his stay and believe that we did meet his expectations of a satisfactory resolution.
greentop, mo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

The room was musty smelling, and had mold in the bathroom. The pillows and sheets had hair on them from the last people staying there. When we asked for different ones, we was refused, and told they were changed daily. There was used qtips on the bathroom floor. Went to use the ice machine, and it was so dirty, I changed my mind. There was a total of 7 cars in the whole place, and they placed all of us next to each other! My husband and I had to listen to noisy children and load parents through the paper thin walls all night! The management (who had broken English at best) wasn't considerate enough to spread everyone out so we could have had a quite stay. I was very disappointed in the breakfast, which looked left over and stale.

Room Tip: go to a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
TravelodgeColumbia, Front Office Manager at Budget Host Columbia, responded to this review, 6 December 2011
We apologize for the miscommunication you had with a member of our staff. While all managers and most front desk staff speak fluent and proper English, we do have a few staff members who cannot speak it so well. We believe you may have spoke with a gentleman who works some late evening shifts and he did not get his point across properly. All sheets are replaced after the guest checks out. The gentleman with whom you spoke was probably trying to assure you that the sheets were fresh, rather than deny your room a new set. We keep clean towels and sheets at the front desk for requests such as yours and apologize that yours was not fulfilled. With 160 rooms, even at 40% occupancy, our property can appear barren, and we apologize that you felt you were roomed too close to other guests. Certain room types are located in certain areas and the room a guest is assigned is based on the requested room type. On several occasions, similar room types are rented and hence, the front desk staff will have no other choice but to assign guest rooms in close proximity. We strive to meet the needs of all our guests and once again apologize for the inconvenience you experienced.
North Mankato, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

It was hard to find a room the four days i needed due to many athletic events in town that week. I had a double double room which didn't offer any ammenities. The room was cleaned daily and the internet worked most of the time. I would have liked to pay $39/night, what it was worth, instead of $70+.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
TravelodgeColumbia, Front Office Manager at Budget Host Columbia, responded to this review, 24 September 2011
Firstly, thank you for staying with us, we are glad you had an adequate stay. Secondly, we are sorry that you feel the price you payed was out of the range for your stay, but prices are subject to change due to demand and availability. Although if your next visit to Columbia is during less events, we can offer you a discounted rate if you mention this review.
Saint Peters, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

Brought a soccer team up for a weekend tournament and was taken care of quite nicely by the staff. I reserved multiple rooms and had no problems w/ making changes or special requests. Rooms were clean and very cool, which was a major plus during a heat wave!! I will stay again when I have to travel to Columbia.

Room Tip: Book early for special events in Columbia, this place will ill up fast.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you kindly for your positive feedback as so often people only take the time to point out the negative. We appreciate your taking that extra step to let us know that we are serving your needs in the manner you deserve.

Try as we might, one hotel cannot be everything to every guest, but we know that even the little things can make a difference in making your stay with us a more pleasant one. We feel we are truly blessed when we succeed in making a valued guest, such as yourself, feel welcome. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to be your host for any future travels to Columbia.