“Wonderful breakfast ”

The Barn
Ranked #4 of 13 Restaurants in Crestwood
Price range: US$9 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Description: By embodying the true spirit of hospitality, The Barn is a gathering place for residents of Crestwood and neighboring communities. Great food and caring friends are good for the soul. Our motto is "We'll see you again tomorrow."
Reviewed June 5, 2017 via mobile

This was a great breakfast. The Barn is a cozy little place with an excellent covered outdoor patio. The food was good but not great. Service was good. We did have some Guiness stout chocolate cake with Bailey's icing which was amazing. Great location right off Grants Trail. Do some walking or biking on the Grants trail and stop in for a bite or drink. Will return again !

Cass K, Public Relations Manager at The Barn, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2017

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful breakfast experience with us! Thank you so much for taking the time to write us this wonderful review! Customer service is very important to us and we are glad that you experienced that during your visit. We look forward to having you visit us again very soon!

Reviewed May 5, 2017

Had lunch there...but they do serve breakfast all day long. Very good food and a lot of nice things to pick from. On this day they offered a spinach, artichoke, and parmesan quiche. Very good. They also have homemade pies on this particular day it was coconut and apple. I am the type of person who expects my wait staff to follow up with me after they take my order and serve my food. I waited a very long time to get a tea refill and actually had to waive her down before I got some attention. She was non-too friendly either. Maybe she was having a bad day. I noticed most of the other staff to be friendlier. We did not tour the historical home which is within walking distance, but have heard that it is worth seeing.

Cass K, Public Relations Manager at The Barn, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2017

We are thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful dining experience with us! We are so happy that you enjoyed all of your food choices. We are disappointed that you feel that your waitress was not as attentive as you would have liked. That is not the kind of customer service we strive to have and we can assure you that it is not the usual for our employees. Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us and we hope that you will come back and visit us again very soon!

Reviewed April 23, 2017

The Barn is a quaint little place that we've been wanting to try for a while. It gets busy though so the first time we went we didn't want to wait. This time, we went for a late breakfast on a Saturday. We arrived around 9:15 and were seated right away. The decor is fun and the wait staff are really excellent. They all worked together and everything was taken care of very quickly. I had the pancakes and bacon. They were delicious, fluffy/thick with slightly crispy edges. The bacon was thick and crisp. My husband had The Broad Side of the Barn with scrambled eggs and the chili on the side. It was a generous portion and very good. We took some scones to go and they were excellent. We'd definitely go back.

Cass K, Public Relations Manager at The Barn, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2017

Thank you so much for telling us about your experience! We are excited to hear that you and your husband enjoyed everything you tried and that you were pleased with your dining experience as a whole. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to you two joining us again soon!

Reviewed March 26, 2017 via mobile

I met 3 girlfriends here for lunch. It was our first time here. We absolutely loved it! It's the perfect spot for a girls lunch. I had the Yard Bird Sandwich, and it as fabulous! The staff was very nice, and the food was served quick.

Outside, you have Grants Trail, Sappington Museum, and a sidewalk that leads down to a pond. It's a wonderful area!

The restaurant is very small, and it fills up quick! We got there at 11 for lunch and had a half hour wait. It quickly rose to an hour wait. Parking lot is small.

Highly recommend checking this spot out!

Cass K, Public Relations Manager at The Barn, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2017

Thank you for the recommendation! We appreciate you taking the time to share your dining experience with us and we are happy to hear you enjoyed the Yard Bird Sandwich! We are thrilled you had a great first experience and we hope you can join us again soon! Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed March 2, 2017

The food is great, very tasty and well prepared. I had trout and gouda scalloped potatoes and my wife had lamb chops. Both were very good but it was the desert I will remember. Carrot cake on top of the creamiest cheese cake I've ever had, the best desert I've ever had.

Mark, thank you for taking the time to share your dining experience with us. We are thrilled you got to join us for dinner and that you enjoyed each menu item you got to try! We look forward to seeing you back in again soon! Have a wonderful day!