“Cozy and Fresh”

The Barn
Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Crestwood
Price range: US$9 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Description: By embodying the true spirit of hospitality, The Barn is a gathering place for residents of Crestwood and neighboring communities. Great food and caring friends are good for the soul. Our motto is "We'll see you again tomorrow."
Reviewed September 1, 2017

Lovely little place, in a restored historical building on the property of Sappington House. Delicious fresh baked desserts compliment the delicious light fare of their modern comfort food menu. Check it out!

Cass K, Public Relations Manager at The Barn, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2017

Thank you so much, Marcia, for taking the time to give us this wonderful review! We are delighted to hear that you had such a great dining experience at our restaurant and that you found everything that you ordered to be delicious! We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to having you back again very soon!

Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

I was looking in yelp for a dinner place not to far from our hotel that was not a chain restaurant and found The Barn. After taking a look at the menu I decided we should check it out. We went for dinner and we're a little worried when we pulled up and there we no cars in the lot but, it was a little later than dinner time. The food was fantastic! I had the black tie Benedict and my mom had the house hen, they were both fantastic. The veggie of the day was asparagus and it was cooked perfectly; for our sides I had the Lithuanian sauerkraut and my mom had the scalloped potatoes, I didn't try the potatoes but the sauerkraut was awesome. Every thing was so good that we decided to get dessert to take with us because we didn't want to miss out. They have only been doing dinner for a short time, they are known for their breakfast but dinner was on point!

1  Thank NerdyTravelGirl
Cass K, Public Relations Manager at The Barn, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2017

We are so happy that you decided to give our restaurant a try! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed everything that you ordered. We work hard to make sure that our customers have the best experience possible when they come to visit us! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write us this outstanding review, and we hope that you will come back come back and try our breakfast sometime soon!

Reviewed June 5, 2017 via mobile

This was a great breakfast. The Barn is a cozy little place with an excellent covered outdoor patio. The food was good but not great. Service was good. We did have some Guiness stout chocolate cake with Bailey's icing which was amazing. Great location right off Grants Trail. Do some walking or biking on the Grants trail and stop in for a bite or drink. Will return again !

Cass K, Public Relations Manager at The Barn, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2017

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful breakfast experience with us! Thank you so much for taking the time to write us this wonderful review! Customer service is very important to us and we are glad that you experienced that during your visit. We look forward to having you visit us again very soon!

Reviewed May 5, 2017

Had lunch there...but they do serve breakfast all day long. Very good food and a lot of nice things to pick from. On this day they offered a spinach, artichoke, and parmesan quiche. Very good. They also have homemade pies on this particular day it was coconut and apple. I am the type of person who expects my wait staff to follow up with me after they take my order and serve my food. I waited a very long time to get a tea refill and actually had to waive her down before I got some attention. She was non-too friendly either. Maybe she was having a bad day. I noticed most of the other staff to be friendlier. We did not tour the historical home which is within walking distance, but have heard that it is worth seeing.

Cass K, Public Relations Manager at The Barn, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2017

We are thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful dining experience with us! We are so happy that you enjoyed all of your food choices. We are disappointed that you feel that your waitress was not as attentive as you would have liked. That is not the kind of customer service we strive to have and we can assure you that it is not the usual for our employees. Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us and we hope that you will come back and visit us again very soon!

Reviewed April 23, 2017

The Barn is a quaint little place that we've been wanting to try for a while. It gets busy though so the first time we went we didn't want to wait. This time, we went for a late breakfast on a Saturday. We arrived around 9:15 and were seated right away. The decor is fun and the wait staff are really excellent. They all worked together and everything was taken care of very quickly. I had the pancakes and bacon. They were delicious, fluffy/thick with slightly crispy edges. The bacon was thick and crisp. My husband had The Broad Side of the Barn with scrambled eggs and the chili on the side. It was a generous portion and very good. We took some scones to go and they were excellent. We'd definitely go back.

Cass K, Public Relations Manager at The Barn, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2017

Thank you so much for telling us about your experience! We are excited to hear that you and your husband enjoyed everything you tried and that you were pleased with your dining experience as a whole. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to you two joining us again soon!