“Lived Up to Reviews”

Fortel's Pizza Den
Ranked #8 of 64 Restaurants in Creve Coeur
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 29 June 2017

I have to admit from the website and menu I would not have chosen to eat here, but the reviews were really good, so we decided to give it a try. (It was close to our hotel and being from out of town, you have to rely on reviews.) This is a pick a table, look at the menu, go up to the counter to order, and the food it brought out to you at your table type place. It probably had 20 tables, but only 2 full at 7:00 on a Monday night. The guy at the counter was very friendly and offered suggestions. The older gentleman who brought out our pizzas was also very friendly and had a warm smile. We got 2 mediums - 1 pepperoni and 1 Chicken Florentine Deluxe, and an order of toasted ravioli. All came out hot and tasty, and the pizza had that crusty cheese on the very outside where it's baked against the pan - yummy! The spinach on the Chicken pizza was fresh spinach (always a plus in my opinion) and the creamy pesto was very good. But we actually liked the simple pepperoni pizza better - the sauce and crust just shown through better. We were happy we chose to come here - they were fast and delicious and everyone walked away full and happy.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

I will begin by saying, I do not prefer crust as thin as St. Louis crust pizza...which Fortel's has (theirs is a little thicker than Imo's); that aside it was an excellent pizza. We got this to go. The staff was very nice. Pizza was hot and fresh. We also got bread sticks with cheese. Yum. I used a Groupon and had a military discount, so price was great. Would recommend.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

Great pizza place. Nothing fancy by any means. Order at the counter as you come in, get your fountain soda, and find a table. We got the cheese cheese cheese pizza, all meat pizza, and toasted ravioli.

Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

We had the veggie pizza and it was fantastic! Authentic Italian sauce and crust. I'm originally from NY and this was highly pleasing to me.

Reviewed 4 March 2017

The service was excellent and fast. We enjoyed the beer-battered cheese sticks.
Then Shelly"s Deluxe pizza, it has then crust with hamburger, pepperoni, bacon and
then topped with fresh green peppers it was awesome.