“Friendly, good Breakfast”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cuba
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Friendly staff, great breakfast spread! The air and refrigerator hadn't been turned on and the weather was hot. Took about 45 minutes for the room to cool down and the air conditioner was noisy. I didn't use the refrigerator. I would suggest calling management ahead of time to cool down your room and turn on frig. All in all, I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Jordan T, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Dear twodbeat,

Reviewed 22 August 2017

We booked a room to watch the eclipse. I was pleasantly surprised with the couch, microwave, fridge, ironing board and iron, and hair dryer. The continental breakfast was a full breakfast buffet style. Mattress and pillows were very comfortable. The desk included a comfortable office chair. The air conditioner was a bit noisy at first but seemed to quiet down after running several hours.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Jordan T, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Barbara,
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed the luxury and convenience of amenities we have to offer! I hope that your viewing of the eclipse was just as great! We would love to have you again should you ever be back in the area!

We are grateful to have been a part of your trip. Thanks for your kind words, and also for your time in taking this review survey.

Thanks again,
Jordan Turner

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

The manager was very helpful. The rooms were exceptionally clean. All rooms are on one level and you can park at your door. There is a light breakfast in the morning. We would stay here again the next time by.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2017

It is an old style motel with cabin like building where you park in front of your room. All of the accommodations were in good condition and very clean. Right off the highway and convenient to all of the local attractions and restaurants.The complimentary breakfast was just OK.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Jordan T, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear Bill,

Reviewed 31 July 2017

A decent motor lodge for an overnight stop. The owners are friendly and were there for our late arrival.

The pictures are a bit old, as you can see by the Best Western logos. The breakfast was average but adequate for a quick bite for the road.

We did not use or see the pool.

Room Tip: All rooms are ground level
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Gators99,

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Driving from Fort Worth to Chicago is an exhausting task alone with a dog and cat. This hotel was a friendly surprise in the middle of what seems to be nowhere. Traveling alone, I am usually very anxious about staying in hotels, but the manager was exceptionally helpful and went above and beyond to calm my nerves. For one, I lost my phone temporarily, and he called it multiple times from the front desk until I found it. Secondly, he takes the time to know his guests. How I know this is while I was walking my dog an older lady, seemingly creepy followed us and was talking to me. I was obviously concerned about our safety so I went to the front and talked to the manager. He told me she had been visiting the hotel once or twice a month for years passing through, and assured me she was no problem. He also assured me and kept the promise of doing security checks throughout the hotel.
Also the hotel was extremely clean. The beds are set up so noone (or pets) can get underneath, which traveling with a cat is a very important thing. Pool was a bit dirty. Also, breakfast was amazing!!!
When it comes down to it, I have never met another owner/ manager so caring and passionate about the hotel. Thanks for creating a safe, inexpensive hotel where there really isnt one!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 July 2017

Located in a safe area convenient to the interstate. Room clean with everything in working order, bed OK but pillows lumpy. Friendly reception, good breakfast, perfectly good enough for an overnight stay.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cuba
0.2 km away
0.4 km away
Super 8 Cuba
Super 8 Cuba
#1 of 4 in Cuba

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!