“One of our favorite bar-b-que restaurants in St. Louis”
Review of Rib City

Rib City
Ranked #2 of 45 Restaurants in Des Peres
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2018

We first started eating at Rib City several years ago when we stumbled on it while--believe it or not--looking for a special swimsuit store for my then 87-year-old mother. She was with us, and we hadn't eaten all day so we stopped in for an early supper. She liked it so much that we take her back for a meal every time we're in town. The staff is great; my mother now uses a walker, and they always are sure to clear a path to our table and help her sit down and get back up again after dinner.

We've been here enough times that between the three of us, I'm pretty sure we must have tried all of the smoked entrees and most of the sandwiches, and there have only been two things that we thought were so-so, the fried shrimp and the pulled-pork (but we never care much for that anywhere).

For appetizers, we like the three cheese fries the best, and the onion rings are very good too. All of the rib choices (baby back, St. Louis, and riblets) are delicious. i think their smoked turkey is excellent too. Also, if you've never had a classic St. Louis Pork Steak, this is a great place to try one, but plan on sharing or taking some leftovers home because they are huge, well over a pound of meat.

Oh, almost forgot, we always buy a few bottles of their bar-b-que sauce to take home.

1  Thank readem

Reviewed December 27, 2017 via mobile

Went here for the first time and we have driven by it for three years! Wasn’t sure if it was related to the chains in Florida or not. It was great! Food was hot, quick, great flavors and our waitress was super nice! They even do veteran or military discount which we didn’t know! Beer drafts on Wednesday are 50cents! Max 3 each but couldn’t beat that! The chicken tenders have good breading and flavor and the brisket was awesome and tender! Don’t let the strip mall fool you! Try it out!

1  Thank Cassandra S
Reviewed December 8, 2017 via mobile

I have to say the food was average and lacked seasoning. The green beans came from a can and over cooked. The potatoe salad could have used more mustard than mayo. The meat needed something, without the sauce it was bland and tasteless. Overall it did fill me up and was just ok. Nothing I have to eat again unless I am truly hungry.

Reviewed November 9, 2017

I am by no means a gourmet when it comes to BBQ ribs, but I know what I like and Rib City just didn't do it for me.
There is no atmoshere. The booths are stark and the food is just so-so. You can pick the type of sauce you would like on your ribs and for me it was just mediocre. Our waitress must have been having a bad night because she never came back to see how our meal was.
If you are looking for BBQ Ribs that fall off the bone, this isn't the place for you.

1  Thank Michellee4252
Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

I had the Ribs and Ribs dinner. Sides were the baked beans and Mac and cheese. Ribs were excellent. I really enjoyed them. The sides were ok, Mac and cheese was good, beans better. Garlic bread came with meal and that was good. The location is in a shopping center area, but easy to find. Prices are good. Overall a very good bbq meal of ribs.

1  Thank 825PaulB825
RibCityDesPeres, General Manager at Rib City, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2017

Paul, Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again soon!