“It was . . . just ok”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2018

Let's start with the good - the service was eIxcellent. My waiter was very attentive, but didn't hover. Food came out of the kitchen quickly, and piping hot.

Unfortunately, that's where my meal took a turn. The food wasn't *bad* but it wasn't *good* either. I'd have to say most of my meal was bland (the fries came out of the kitchen without so much as a single grain of salt on them).

I had the BBQ beef sandwich, which the menu describes as "sliced thin and piled high." Given that description, I expected more than 3 slices of beef on the sandwich. At least they got the "sliced thin" part right. I was also disappointed in the cole slaw, which the menu claims is made in-house daily. It tasted just like the food service cole slaw.

In all, for the money I spent, it wasn't an awful meal, but there was nothing that makes me want to come back, either. For the money, I'd have preferred Bandanas, or even Caine's (chicken fingers) across the street.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed May 22, 2018

I've been to Rib City several times now and the ribs are always great. The onion rings are also really good, crispy and browned exactly right. The baked beans are also well prepared and flavorful as well as the cole slaw. It's like being in Memphis!

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank TravellerfromMO
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Always good and decent. Dont expect gourmet. A step up of most BBQ places, but still very basic decore and food.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed February 18, 2018

We first started eating at Rib City several years ago when we stumbled on it while--believe it or not--looking for a special swimsuit store for my then 87-year-old mother. She was with us, and we hadn't eaten all day so we stopped in for an early supper. She liked it so much that we take her back for a meal every time we're in town. The staff is great; my mother now uses a walker, and they always are sure to clear a path to our table and help her sit down and get back up again after dinner.

We've been here enough times that between the three of us, I'm pretty sure we must have tried all of the smoked entrees and most of the sandwiches, and there have only been two things that we thought were so-so, the fried shrimp and the pulled-pork (but we never care much for that anywhere).

For appetizers, we like the three cheese fries the best, and the onion rings are very good too. All of the rib choices (baby back, St. Louis, and riblets) are delicious. i think their smoked turkey is excellent too. Also, if you've never had a classic St. Louis Pork Steak, this is a great place to try one, but plan on sharing or taking some leftovers home because they are huge, well over a pound of meat.

Oh, almost forgot, we always buy a few bottles of their bar-b-que sauce to take home.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank readem
Reviewed December 27, 2017 via mobile

Went here for the first time and we have driven by it for three years! Wasn’t sure if it was related to the chains in Florida or not. It was great! Food was hot, quick, great flavors and our waitress was super nice! They even do veteran or military discount which we didn’t know! Beer drafts on Wednesday are 50cents! Max 3 each but couldn’t beat that! The chicken tenders have good breading and flavor and the brisket was awesome and tender! Don’t let the strip mall fool you! Try it out!

Date of visit: December 2017