“Fabulous catered ribs, pulled pork and sides for a family gathering!”
Review of Rib City

Rib City
Ranked #2 of 45 Restaurants in Des Peres
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

I’m from California and I was planning a family gathering in Des Peres.... My niece recommended Rib City and it was a delicious, wonderful and fun success!

Keringus Belton, Manager at Rib City, was great to work with by phone and email as I planned the menu and had questions about my order.

We ordered St Louis Ribs, pulled pork and buns for sandwiches, and sides of mac n cheese, baked beans, and green beans cooked in bacon!! The St Louis ribs are really meaty... sooooo good.

We had thirty five people gathered and everyone really loved the food.

Karingus, the manager, arrived an hour before our planned dinner time to set up. He did an excellent job of setting up all the food in a well-presented manner and keeping all the food hot until everyone was ready to eat. Keringus is just the most gracious, kind and fun person... he served the food as everyone came through the kitchen and he aded to the delight of our dinner.

I would recommend Rib City to anyone planning a gathering where you may need some catering or perhaps a family meal when you just do ‘t feel like cooking... let Rib City step right in for you!

ENJOY!

RibCityDesPeres, General Manager at Rib City, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Thank you for your rave review! I am so happy to hear that you had a great experience with Karingus and the food. We appreciate your business!

Reviewed August 16, 2018

Food was greatand plenty of napkins supplied. Wait staff terrific and we didn't have to wait long for a table.

Reviewed July 24, 2018

Let's start with the good - the service was eIxcellent. My waiter was very attentive, but didn't hover. Food came out of the kitchen quickly, and piping hot.

Unfortunately, that's where my meal took a turn. The food wasn't *bad* but it wasn't *good* either. I'd have to say most of my meal was bland (the fries came out of the kitchen without so much as a single grain of salt on them).

I had the BBQ beef sandwich, which the menu describes as "sliced thin and piled high." Given that description, I expected more than 3 slices of beef on the sandwich. At least they got the "sliced thin" part right. I was also disappointed in the cole slaw, which the menu claims is made in-house daily. It tasted just like the food service cole slaw.

In all, for the money I spent, it wasn't an awful meal, but there was nothing that makes me want to come back, either. For the money, I'd have preferred Bandanas, or even Caine's (chicken fingers) across the street.

Reviewed May 22, 2018

I've been to Rib City several times now and the ribs are always great. The onion rings are also really good, crispy and browned exactly right. The baked beans are also well prepared and flavorful as well as the cole slaw. It's like being in Memphis!

1  Thank TravellerfromMO
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Always good and decent. Dont expect gourmet. A step up of most BBQ places, but still very basic decore and food.