“NASTY & DISGUSTING!!”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Dexter
A TripAdvisor Member
“NASTY & DISGUSTING!!”
Reviewed 7 May 2006

My husband and I had made reservations for 5 nights while we would be in Dexter visiting family. It was late when we got there so my husband checked us in while I and our 2 children waited in the car. The hotel looked old and run down but I told the kids that as long as it was clean, it would be fine. As soon as we got into the room, a mosquito bit my youngest child. The carpet was kind of damp and the room smelled musty. The worst thing, however, was that when we turned the beds down, there was a pillowcase that was obviously dirty and there was about a 1/2 inch of dirt on the bed rails. The bathroom was even worse than that!! FILTHY!!

Needless to say, we checked out and found a much nicer place at the Country Hearth Inn.....

Oh yeah, another problem is that the clerk charged our credit card as soon as we checked in. My husband thought he got a complete refund but my statement shows where we didn't get refunded for the full amount. They still owe us $19.70 which I am trying to get back!!

• Stayed April 2006
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dexter
0.2 km away
Econo Lodge
#2 of 4 in Dexter
36.9 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sikeston

Been to Hickory House Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hickory House Inn

Property: Hickory House Inn
Address: 1802 N Outer Rd, Dexter, MO 63841-8799 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn)
Region: United States > Missouri > Dexter
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly )
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Dexter
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hickory House Inn 2.5*
Remember Hickory House Inn When Rest Matters. We offer clean and comfortable rooms with modern amenities to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable one. All Rooms are newly renovated ,Enjoy your stay with us at very affordable rates. Your satisfaction our commitment. 'Come as a guest, leave as a friend.' All our room features convenience like refrigerators, microwave, air conditioning, Flat- screen TV,free local calls and many other amenities for you to enjoy. We also offer Roll away beds and all of our rooms are pet-friendly with minimal fees. We have been offering travelers and business people with the best quality service at best rates. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Hickory House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.