“This place is not advertised enough!”
Review of Promised Land ZOO

Promised Land ZOO
More attraction details
Owner description: Home to over 500 rare and endangered animals from all over the world representing 56 species. We have camels, kangaroos, lemurs, buffalo, omnivores, deer and we are home to many rescued large reptiles and tropical birds too! We have just added some cats to our park including Caracals and Servals. There is plenty to see in our 4 mile drive thru and petting zoo with walk thru area too! Come during one of our bottle feeding times and you will get to help our zookeepers bottle feed baby animals! Newly added this past summer we opened a new wing to the Walk Thru to include a Ring-tailed Lemur Exhibit, an American Alligator Pool and the Prarie Dog Town! Open everyday, year-round! Have a bigger family? Promised Land ZOO now offers a special Family Rate that will allow you to bring all the kids you want at a discounted rate (see our website for details).
Reviewed December 27, 2011

While my husband and I were on a trip to the area we decided to stop and take the private tour with the owner. That was by far the best experience I could have ever had. It was well worth the extra money spent to have the close up interaction. I started off by bottle feeding a baby camel, as well as an antelope that had just been born a few days before. I got to hold one of the snakes, pick porcupine quills and that was all before we left the office! As we started off on our tour, the owner said to me "Pretend this is your zoo for the day!" It was so fun to feed the animals and on the personal tour I was able to get out and interact with some of the animals and hold them. It was an amazing experience I will never forget and can't wait to go back and do it again!

8  Thank KPMoon
"private tour"
in 6 reviews
"animal food"
in 2 reviews
"wide variety of animals"
"bison"
"laughed so hard"
"a lot of fun"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed November 4, 2011

I went hoping to see more animals.....basically deer, 1 llama, and emu that you could feed. Everything else was caged.

Reviewed October 12, 2011

My hubby and I enjoyed this zoo. Only thing that happened to us was a big thunderstorm as we started through the park! It made taking photos hard and some of the animals stayed under their shed. Because it was so wet we didn't see the petting part of it.

1  Thank S H
Reviewed September 5, 2011

My friend and I were on our way to another area attraction when we kept seeing signs for a drive thru zoo and we were very curious. When we ended up driving right by it we had to stop. So glad we did! This was probably one of the most entertaining and amazing attractions in the area. It was a little more than we expected to get in, but we went for it anyway. Be sure to purchase large bag or cup of food, you can run out quick! As soon as we drove in animals started walking towards our car. The elk were one of the first animals we encountered, and when you get three large elk standing at the window of your car with their tongues sticking through your window just try not to laugh and enjoy yourself! There were so many antelope and deer, just be prepared for the buffalo. One kind of snuck up on our car and that can make you jump out of your seat. Also be prepared for your car, and quite possibly your hands and arms, to become a bit dirty from animal slobber. Some of the animals have antlers, so don't be surprised if your car does get knocked a couple times by them. The experience can be kind of gross since you are feeding so many animals by hand, but that is also what makes this experience absolutely amazing! You must go if you are in the area!

6  Thank SMO23