All reviewsfront desksausagehot tubwafflesrock wallpotatoesrestaurant next doorthe maintenance manroom was cleanking suitehotel breakfastgreat place to staywould stay here againoff the highwayfree breakfasthannibal areahot breakfast
Reviewed June 12, 2012

The hotel was average or better, rooms are clean. Beds not the greatest, but better than some other places I've stayed. The breakfast was nice; although coffee's not very good, and eggs didn't have much flavor, but there was a large variety of other food available. Didn't use the pool (indoors only) or the small fitness room. The bar was ok except that it closed pretty early. It would have been nice if there was an outside courtyard or garden area with tables, the weather was nice but we were cooped up inside when hanging around the hotel until it was time to go somewhere.
The worse part of our experience was with staff. I must say the clerk was very nice on the phone during booking but didn't seem to know what she was doing, had to put me on hold to get answers to my questions. After going over everything I realized she booked the wrong days. Luckily it was fixed and I was given a new confirmation number.
On arrival, I was very disappointed with the lack of personality expressed by the front desk staff. No smiles, and no greetings on coming into the hotel or when leaving to go out. We were there 2 hours early and were told we could come back in one hour to check- in since I had a Choice Rewards Membership. When I got back to the hotel, I was then told in a very matter-of -fact tone that I could only check in IF the room was ready and that I wasn't told I COULD check-in. It worked out for me, but I felt like I was at their "mercy"! There is absolutely nothing to do at this hotel to kill the time if you have to wait 2 hours until the official check-in time. My key didn't work when I got to the room, when I returned to the front desk, she took the key, swiped it, and handed it back to me without a smile, nor did she say anything. Others in our group had a similar complaint. The room itself was nice. I don't know if I would stay there again, since I didn't feel "welcome".

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank kathygu
quality179, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Thank you very much for your recent comment on your previous stay at our facility. First and foremost thank you for choosing our hotel for your business or leisure travel. Secondly, I sincerely apologize for the lack of hospitality you feel you observed during your stay. It is never our intent to make a guest feel that they are not our first priority or to feel that they are at our "Mercy". I acknowledge you comment and will pass it on to the staff for training purposes. Thank you again for taking out the time to evaluate your staff and bring this issue to my attention.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Nice location away from the downtown but only a few minutes away to see the attractions of Hannibal. Very large rooms and a great pool and spa too, Wonderful hot breakfast with a lot to choose from as well as other items. A great place to host a conference or meeting too for a company in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ILBoomerTraveller
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Won't stay here again if the room was free! The staff at the front desk were extremely rude! My husband, myself and our dog arrived in Hannibal before the 2pm check in time and were turned away and told there were no rooms available until after 3! This is unacceptable! My husband then calls to speak with customer service and the person he finally gets to argues with him about "policy." I have never felt so put off by a business in my entire life! All the while, we have paid a premium rate because of our dog. Finally after all this, we get to check in. We get "the last room" because they had people WALK IN before us. Seriously?! Luckily we reserved our room in February! If you are thinking about this hotel, please DON'T! It's not worth it.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank LilBlackLab

Thank you very much for your review from your previous stay at our hotel. I am sorry you feel the way you feel in regards to the service you received. We do our best to fulfill every request for an early check in and as you experienced when you arrived, we are a rather busy facility. Our policy like most hotels provide a 3pm check-in to allow the previous guest the time to check out by 11am and for the housekeeping staff to clean the rooms properly. Thank you again for your comment we do truly value your business.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

We stayed here last weekend and found it to be a nice, pretty new motel. We would stay here again.

Pros
-newer motel
-very nice pool and hot tub
-great breakfast - I would have spent $25.00 for our family of four for a breakfast like this elsewhere.
-nice size rooms
-very clean bathrooms with nice granite counter tops
-price was very good for what we got

Cons
-bed was too hard for me (might be perfect for someone else - just not my preference)
-maids need to spend a little time cleaning under around the beds - looks like they keep missing the area right next to the beds (this might be nitpicking a bit but just being honest).

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We were traveling to Des Moines, Ia from Florida and we had been in the car 14 hours and it was about 11:00 at night. They were the only place that accepted dogs but they didn't have any more dog friendly rooms available at all in the hotel. All they had left was a smoking room. It unfortunately my wife has horrible allergies and can't sleep in a smoking room. They ended up giving us the last non smoking room in the hotel even though dogs weren't allowed!!! Very a coasting and great rooms!!!

• Stayed: May 2012