“WHAT A GREAT LITTLE TREASURE”

Downing Street Pour House
Ranked #6 of 28 Restaurants in Hollister
Price range: US$7 - US$26
Description: An American smoke & fire interpretation of the quaint English pub. Serving comfort food, pub classics and 1/2 pound wagyu blend burgers.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

What an absolutely wonderful place!! First time there, meeting a friend of ours for dinner. He had a burger and fries that he devoured lovingly. My hubby and I ordered the Shepherd's Pie and I can honestly say I've never had better! First, it was made with ground lamb and not ground beef (which is good, too, but it's not lamb). The sauce was delicious ... not overpowering but not bland by any means. The mashed potatoes on the top were perfectly prepared and not soupy or tasteless and ever so lightly toasted in the cast iron serving dish. Ron also ordered a vodka gimlet which the server knew what he wanted (amazing since it's an "old drink") and when he brought it to the table, he said he didn't use Roses lime juice but rather fresh limes and a little simple syrup. Hubby was skeptical but when he tasted it, he was very pleasantly surprised! The atmosphere of the Pour House was delightfully old English, as was the rest of the little street on which the Pour House was located. And our server (whose name I am embarrassed to say I did not remember) was perfect. He was very attentive without being intrusive and all our requests and needs were met. All in all, I would HIGHLY recommend the Downing Street Pour House. I predict you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Loved the atmosphere! Food was fantastic! Wedge blue cheese salad yummy as were the burgers! Some tried the prime rib special and thought it was okay but wouldn’t order again . I’ll stick with the best burger and drinks . Staff friendly and helpful

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I enjoy eating here. The food is very good and fresh. They have a good menu and I’ve always gotten good service as well.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Downing Street Pourhouse, Best Burgers in Holister! Add to this that they are loacated in the pub of 100 year old English Inn. Just minutes from Branson, MO. This is must see must eat stop.

1  Thank Branson_Honestly
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Honestly, one of the best restaurants I’ve visited down here. The poutine was authentic and delicious, and the D Street Burget was the best I have had in my life....and I eat a lot. It's unlike any burger I have ever had, and was a very welcome surprise. I go to Branson for business often, and will have to make this one of my regular stops from now on.

Been to Downing Street Pour House? Share your experiences!