All reviews busy street casa particular one night terrace shower taxi hosts cuba house meals
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Bayamo was actually a pleasant surprise during our trip - very nice town with hardly any tourists. Therefore the choice of casas is also certainly smaller than elsewhere.

This casa was a very good choice though. We had a very nice room on the second floor with its own large roofterrace with deckchairs and rocking chairs. You have to go up very narrow construction stairs at the moment given that they are building a new house next door. That was slightly inconvenient but they had a young guy who carried the luggage up and down for us so that wasn't much of an issue.

The room was somewhat smaller than those that we had elsewhere but it was very bright which was a clear upside. Had a TV, aircon and a fridge which was also good. Bathroom was clean but a bit small. The shower was very strange as the shower head was attached to electricity to heat up the water.... We spent most time on the terrace anyway so we didn't care that the room was small.

Car was parked at the garage of a neighbour across the street.

It's a short walk to the city centre and the train station. I saw a couple of complaints about the road - it didn't disturb us to be honest. It's Cuba, it's not like there are massive amounts of cars. Especially later in the day I mostly saw bikes...

The food was good but I had expected more on the basis of what I had read in our guidebook where the food came highly recommended.

I'd definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank VerenaCologne
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Spend one night here after hiking to La Plata,would liked to have stayed longer.
Room was very clean,comfortable, private bathroom within room, great shower with an abundance of hot water.
Dinner (chicken corden bleu) and breakfast outstanding.
Arturo is a number one host that makes you feel at home and very welcome.
The casa is located within walking distance to downtown. An excellent place to hang out and relax.

Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank traut b
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at the Casa Arturo & Esmeralda. The rooms were very clean and the food was to die for. I have never seen a Cuban sandwich so big and delicious.
This was our first time traveling to Cuba. The host was very gracious and kind and able to make arrangements for our exploring Cuba. It was a delight. I am hoping to visit again this year and hoping there will be a room for us again.

Date of stay: November 2013
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We spent a night at this great home on our way to visit our mom's birthplace in Jiguani. Arturo was fabulous, getting us set up with a great driver and an air conditioned taxi. The rooms are small homey and clean each with its own bathroom which is such a plus. The host is very amicable and ready to provide whatever you need. We left with a full belly of the best Cuban sandwich? When we returned it was late, but there was a delicious soup, pork meal with red bean congri, and salad, so much we felt bad not being able to eat it all. Thanks to my cousin for recommending this B&B I now will recommend it as well.

Room tip: This is in Bayamo Cuba walking distance to main streets. It is Cuba so don't expect a large room. I fell asleep so soundly I was awakened by my sister and mom who thought I was up. Our taxi was waiting LOL
Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank GH A
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We spent one night when arriving to Cuba and one night before leaving. Arturo really helped us to plan our trip - we were biking. He gave us names of casas in all cities we were going through.
It was also the best meal we had in Cuba - the cook is a great one.

Bayamo is a small though very charming city. No doubt Arturo's place is where you need to go. The rooms and the street are not the most beautiful you will see, but the hosts are fantastic.

Date of stay: February 2013