US$25
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
Villa La Paz(Bayamo)(Great Value!)
US$25
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbusy streetcasa particularone nightshowerterracetaxihostscuba
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Arturo and Esmeralda run a "B and B" which is buisiness-like and friendly. The house and room were immaculate, the shower was excellent. The minifridge was a convenience, and the T.V. was very good. Our rooftop room with access to the terrace was quiet and comfortable, as well as very secure. The cook is a lovely lady who can prepare food to your request. The breakfast offers more choice than one usually sees and is delicious. All of Arturo's staff are helpful, friendly, and intelligent.

Arturo has good advice and connections for sightseeing in and around Bayamo, which is one of the most historic cities of Cuba. Bayamo is a good base for visiting the Sierra Maestra mountains, the area where Fidel Castro and others in the July 26th Movement had their "commandancia". Consider renting or hiring a car for a day or two, and try to plan for at least two to three nights at Arturo and Esmeralda's place.

Room Tip: the room on the top floor has good access to the terrace with a great view over the neighbourhood.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank susan p
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Bayamo was actually a pleasant surprise during our trip - very nice town with hardly any tourists. Therefore the choice of casas is also certainly smaller than elsewhere.

This casa was a very good choice though. We had a very nice room on the second floor with its own large roofterrace with deckchairs and rocking chairs. You have to go up very narrow construction stairs at the moment given that they are building a new house next door. That was slightly inconvenient but they had a young guy who carried the luggage up and down for us so that wasn't much of an issue.

The room was somewhat smaller than those that we had elsewhere but it was very bright which was a clear upside. Had a TV, aircon and a fridge which was also good. Bathroom was clean but a bit small. The shower was very strange as the shower head was attached to electricity to heat up the water.... We spent most time on the terrace anyway so we didn't care that the room was small.

Car was parked at the garage of a neighbour across the street.

It's a short walk to the city centre and the train station. I saw a couple of complaints about the road - it didn't disturb us to be honest. It's Cuba, it's not like there are massive amounts of cars. Especially later in the day I mostly saw bikes...

The food was good but I had expected more on the basis of what I had read in our guidebook where the food came highly recommended.

I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VerenaCologne
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Spend one night here after hiking to La Plata,would liked to have stayed longer.
Room was very clean,comfortable, private bathroom within room, great shower with an abundance of hot water.
Dinner (chicken corden bleu) and breakfast outstanding.
Arturo is a number one host that makes you feel at home and very welcome.
The casa is located within walking distance to downtown. An excellent place to hang out and relax.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank traut b
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at the Casa Arturo & Esmeralda. The rooms were very clean and the food was to die for. I have never seen a Cuban sandwich so big and delicious.
This was our first time traveling to Cuba. The host was very gracious and kind and able to make arrangements for our exploring Cuba. It was a delight. I am hoping to visit again this year and hoping there will be a room for us again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We spent a night at this great home on our way to visit our mom's birthplace in Jiguani. Arturo was fabulous, getting us set up with a great driver and an air conditioned taxi. The rooms are small homey and clean each with its own bathroom which is such a plus. The host is very amicable and ready to provide whatever you need. We left with a full belly of the best Cuban sandwich? When we returned it was late, but there was a delicious soup, pork meal with red bean congri, and salad, so much we felt bad not being able to eat it all. Thanks to my cousin for recommending this B&B I now will recommend it as well.

Room Tip: This is in Bayamo Cuba walking distance to main streets. It is Cuba so don't expect a large room. I fell asleep so soundly I was awakened by my sister and mom who thought I was up. Our taxi was waiting LOL
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family