“Excellent Food, Great Staff”

Tropical House Bistro and Bar
Ranked #28 of 161 Restaurants in Sayulita
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Established in 2006, Tropical House Bistro and Bar is a cozy place on Sayulita's quiet north side. Located one block off the beach and three blocks north of the footbridge on Calle Manual Navarette, it's the place to be for great food and drinks and an inviting friendly atmosphere. Come by for breakfast or lunch and enjoy a full espresso bar, fresh made smoothies and free wireless internet. Join us in the evening for happy hour, a great dinner, and conversation into the wee hours. We are the perfect place for private parties for up to 60 people and for Sunday brunch. Our hours are 8:00am to 1:30pm every day and 6:00pm to 10:00pm Monday through Saturday. Our bar is open later when the patrons want to stay! Visit us on our Facebook page for more information about the place we call home. Please stop by to say hello. We are looking forward to serving you! Cheers, Michel and Lisa
Reviewed February 16, 2018

We were at Tropical House based on a Trip Advisor review and loved it. Food was fantastic and the service was great. Coconut shrimp was the best we have had, fillet mignon was delicious. The restaurant itself is set a little off the main downtown area which was also very nice.
Diffidently would recommend this restaurant. We ended up going twice in one week.

1  Thank Mitter71

Reviewed January 22, 2018

We had four occasions to eat here, in January of 2018. Breakfast twice and dinner twice. The staff was excellent, especially Nayeli!! She was all about making sure we had a good experience along with good food. Standouts: Great chilaquiles, Shrimp in a Chipotle sauce with pasta (almost licked my plate), 20 spice Mahi Mahi with yummy rice. and Ceviche.
Last year we never found this place open. So glad to have found this little jewel and so close to our villa. You can't miss so be sure and try it. Ask for Nayeli and tell her James Bond sent you.

Reviewed January 12, 2018 via mobile

I came here with friends and family and we had such a good time! The food was beautiful and delicious. We had ceviche, beef carpaccio, quesadillas, guacamole, pasta, and best of all was the passionfruit margaritas with the tequila de la casa!!! The two women working there were great!! Highly recommend. Wes we discovered this earlier and came here more.

1  Thank Laura M
Reviewed January 2, 2018

The food here is amazing. The service detail oriented and the ambience is wonderful. I highly recommend this to you while you are in Sayulita. It was recommended to us and we couldn't have been happier. my daughter had chicken gorgonzola with pasta and i had mahi mani sandeandande (or something:) both delicous!!

Reviewed December 17, 2017 via mobile

My only regret about my visit to this area is not having eaten here more often...came for diner choices on menu where outsanding sauces that take days to make with multiple layers of flavours accompanied by fresh carefully prepared food from a knowledgeable and caring chef...I have worked in hospitality business for 35 years and can be quite critical with establishments the only small flaw that I could see but this was the problem with most restaurants in Sayulita was the lack of knowledge or professiolism from servers...but that being said the owner Michele was on top of any faults issues that he was noticing with his staff...he was extremely knowledgeable and attentive and I had great discussion about tequilas and food with him that evening definitely a person who has great passion for his business..my only regret is that I did not eat there more often ...amazing food great atmosphere caring and passionate owner...dont miss this place located in North part of Sayulita.

1  Thank Patrice S