“I love ❤️ molcajetes!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2017 via mobile

Don Juans is my favourite little secret in Sayulita. The dish I can't stay away from is the Molcajetes.
I love the tomatillo sauce and nopal and green onion
with delicious shrimp. They also make a beautiful new dish that is on the lighter side. It's a stack of grilled veggies ( eggplant, peppers) with a wonderful drizzle of dressing. I'm making my way through the menu.....

2  Thank Effie B

Reviewed April 4, 2017

Great for watching the sunset right on the beach. My pizza was good, my husbands was delicious and my mom liked her fish and vegesables. We were told Salsa dancing on Monday started at 7 but it started after 8

Reviewed March 29, 2017

I stayed at Sayulita Cabins in the Tamarindos neighborhood( lovely) and so this was an easy walk up the tiny hill across the road to the restaurant. We had fish tacos and the kids had spaghetti. Really nice wine I forgot to get the name of, too bad! It's open in the front but you can tuck in the back as well. I go to Sayulita yearly and would consider the trip incomplete if I didn't get to Don Juan's at least once. Not expensive, fish very fresh(of course), service friendly and efficient. closed Monday and at least at the moment, the bus stops right there if you are coming home hungry from Puerto Vallarta. Highly recommended.

Reviewed March 25, 2017 via mobile

A couple who spend the winter in Sayulita every year told us about this place. What a find! Even tho it is on the highway next to the bus stop; the interior is very nice. Staff attentive. Had the Molcahette; a searing hot stone bowl filled with everything imaginable; chicken, steak, shrimp, cactus, onions all "swimming" in a beautiful green chilli sauce and cheese blend. It was an amazing site to behold! And the flavours were incredible! Come hungry! And for the equivalent of about $8!

Reviewed March 3, 2017

Had a great time and meal at Don Jaun's...Went with young Mexican couple ..they thought it was expensive for Mexicans but for Canadians it was a great deal..average meal is only $10 CAD .Will vist many more times...If I had any complaints the greeter should loose his ball cap..this is a great place.