“Great Food Nice People”

Latitude 20 Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #29 of 143 Restaurants in Sayulita
Cuisines: Sushi, Barbecue, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We offer excellent food at affordable prices: including the Original mesquite smoked BBQ ribs, brisket, pork, bacon of Sayulita, Seafood, vegetarian-friendly options, and wonderful cocktails and 15 craft beers. Our entertainment includes Sports viewing, Live Music, Open Mic, and DJ selections from Classic Rock to New.
Reviewed 6 February 2015

We recently visited the quaint town of Sayulita for a rather extended 10 day trip. Mother Nature generally loves us on vacations, as we rarely have a cloud in the sky the whole time....however this time she decided to get us good. There were two days of Monsoonal Rains and it was just plain awful living in a Palapa which provides no real protection from the elements. But enough about that. The reason I mention this, is because on the third day when it was thinking of clearing up, and I was thinking of packing up, we went into town during a rain reprieve and had wonderful massages that totally cheered us up (more on that in another review). But, afterwards, I was craving some lunch. Something comfortable, and delicious and easy. Enter Latitude 20. Off the beach by a mere block, but off the beaten path, is this great little hidden bar/restaurant that welcomed us like family. It was clean. It was efficient. The staff was very English speaking and it appeared that the owner, though not sure, was behind the bar and was super helpful and accommodating. It wasn't a busy time, and there was nothing remarkable about the place, except that it had the most delicious simple American style sandwiches in the middle of this very Mexican place. Now don't get me wrong, I love me my Mexican Food, or why would I spend so much time there. But after two days of being stuck in the rain and almost two weeks of lots of tacos, salsa, ceviche etc.....a good old fashioned Hamburger was in order. And it was delivered. My mouth is watering just writing this, that is how good it was. And particularly, it was amazing bread. The bun was something from the bakery Gods! And perfectly toasted! I was offered a side salad option, almost as if the very cute and polite waiter just knew that I was the type to just "pick at my husbands fries", but have a salad for myself. Yes it was all delicious.
My husband opted for the staple of our East Coast roots, and had their version of the Philly Cheesesteak or something of the like....it was also very good. He did get the fries, they were waffle style, and yes I had a couple, and they were perfect.
I also had a most exquisite drink, and sadly it eludes me what exactly was in it. Some kind of Margarita, but not the norm and not acidic. After that I had a lovely white wine and it all was just the perfect lunch during a break in the rain.
I need to add something else. The bathroom area was one of the cleanest I saw in our entire trip to Sayulita. Now I realize that the plumbing etc is tough in a place like this, and there are things one must deal with, but we went to a lot of places, and there were only a handful that I can say were presentable in every way, and clean. This was one of them.
Kudos to the owners for making their little bar on the corner a spot that people will love, especially since it's kind of a well kept secret and not on the "main drag".

Reviewed 3 February 2015 via mobile

Now that I'm home I just had to write and thank all the staff for taking such great care if my friend and I while we were on Sayulita. We spent the month of January in Sayulita We ate many delicious meals and spent many enjoyable hours there. The entire staff treated us like family every time we stopped by. The sushi was awesome and the flank steak and ribs were yummy. I have a very delicate tummy and not once did I have any issues the next day. Hoping to see you all again soon. Special thanks to Dennis and Eileen and Hector, Ryan and Alex.

Reviewed 31 January 2015

We were lamenting the lack of anything beyond Pacifico and Corono with a good dinner, and we wandered across Latitude 20. The food was outstanding, a little pricier than other places in town, but worth it. They're bringing in some Mexican craft beers, and these were fantastic, a very welcome surprise. We came here twice, also enjoyed the margaritas. Eileen and the staff are warm and welcoming, we will definitely return.

Reviewed 21 January 2015

Thank goodness Dennis & Eileen took over for former Don Chow and made it a great place. Wonderful atmosphere and unique food types (from name Latitiude 20 around world). Sports TVs too, but not overwhelming.

Reviewed 20 January 2015

I've been to Latitude 20 numerous times in the past two weeks. Ryan, at the bar, is very friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating.
I even tried the Sushi last week and it was very good.
They periodically have live entertainment and they do show U.S. sporting events as well.