“Gave it a second chance years later! Loved it!!”

O'Donoghue's Steaks & Sea Food
Ranked #33 of 192 Restaurants in Jefferson City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed January 3, 2018

The last time we ate at O'Donaghues was years ago. Our experience was not that satisfactory. The food was average and over priced, the service slow. However, This time was very different.

The vodka martini, dirty, was excellent! Not many places I've experienced make it well, it was excellent here. I ordered the potato crusted cod with rice and broccoli. The presentation was pretty average and, if you eat with your eyes first, not very appealing. However, the fish was perfectly cooked, the potato crust nicely browned but the fish juicy and flaky on the inside. Excellent! The rice looked average, but was very tasty and perfectly cooked as well, as was the broccoli. Generally my experience with broccoli in restaurants is pretty inedible. This was cooked perfectly with good flavor.

And ten dessert!!! I had the cheese cake. The best cheese cake I have had maybe ever. Really creamy with an tasty shortbread type crust rather than the graham cracker crust. It was delicious!!! The strawberry sauce on top gave it just the right finish and did not detract from the cheesecake itself. You won't be disappointed. We agreed we would return.

Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I left dinner very hungry, because we could not eat the food we were served. I ordered a ribeye steak cooked medium, and recieved the toughest hunk of burned meat I've ever seen. It didn't even taste like steak, but had a distinctly seafood flavor like it had been cooked in fish oil. The garlic mashed potatoes were inedible too. They were SO salty, and there was a very strange overpowering flavor that I definitely wouldn't identify as garlic.

My husband ordered shrimp. When you order a $20 entree, wouldn't you think they would at least devein the shrimp? Apparently not here. Shell, vein, legs, and all. He cleaned 2 of them and tried to choke them down, but said they were rubbery and did not taste fresh. When we spoke to the waitress about it she said it was "peel and eat shrimp and that's the way it is." She also stated "I'm not a manager so I don't know what to do for you." We paid and quietly left, and will never go back.

1  Thank Emily W
Reviewed October 31, 2017

The BEST steak EVER! OMG melt in your mouth and the shrimp and crab pasta is AMAZING!! LOVE x 10000000000

Reviewed September 13, 2017

O'Donoghue's is awesome! Special are superb ... and staff is great. Robert is the best and attention to detail is noted! One of our favorite dining establishments in Jefferson City!

Reviewed July 10, 2017

I usually don't order wraps because they are either overstuffed and impossible to eat, or they are mostly wrap. But I threw caution to the winds and ordered the stead wrap for lunch and it was great! The tomato wrap was the thinnest I've encountered and the filling of steak, peppers, onions and greens was excellent. I had the coleslaw as a side and it was uber creamy. If you're looking for a lunch option, you should consider checking this out!

1  Thank Nonnie1