“Great new place !!”
Review of Shep's Southside - CLOSED

Shep's Southside
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Sheps Southside is a great new restaurant in Jefferson City. Nice and clean with friendly staff. Food is great and a nice change for all those tired of corporate restaurants that all offer the same stuff. The place is in business for about a year and their burgers are already famous. Interesting to know that those were not the owners' initial intention to focus on, but they must be doing something right. I had a German Brat Burger which is a pork patty nicely seasoned and served with a bit of sourkraut and mustard on a unique homestyle bun. Very tasty.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

My son and I had been there before this particular trip. It was a bit pricey and the service was lackluster, but the turkey sandwich was pretty good.

Family was in town from Springfield and Columbia. We went in at a few minutes after seven. There were a few customers, but it wasn't really busy.

Service was slow and our waitress could not answer questions without further consultation. The potatoes, whether fried or baked, were cold. A replacement baked potato did arrive in less than five minutes, but also cooled just as quickly. However, the steamed veggies were good. The house vinaigrette is also good.

I am certain that reflections of that evening will begin with, "Remember when we let her choose the restaurant". I (we) won't be returning.

1  Thank MRC1008
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This restaurant is a new one and I wanted to like it. I wanted it to succeed partly because it's in my neighborhood. But I've been there three times at lunch, and I cannot recommend it. The food is good ... when it finally arrives. But the service is MISERABLE. All three times, it took a long time for someone to seat me. Then a long time for someone to take my order. Last time I was there (just last week), I had to wait 40 minutes for my burger and fries.

Good food. HORRIBLE service. Don't try to go there during a 60-minute lunch hour.

2  Thank LisaFoxJC
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Hubby and I went in for lunch last Saturday, waited for a table and thought that was great, they are popular. Well after waiting it was not worth the wait. My burger was to be well done and it was undercooked. The meat did not taste fresh, actually maybe a day past "good". The side of broccoli was way overcooked. The portion of broccoli was tiny. The tablespoon of avocado I paid extra for was not worth the extra money. We waited over half hour after ordering, tables sat after were eating. I am suspicious that communication between wait staff and kitchen is poor. Hubby ordered the steak sandwich special, he said " OK, nothing great". The quaint dining room and comfy setting has potential, the kitchen needs to catch up. Wait staff need to get some training.

2  Thank RacieKate
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Small, out of the way location. I have been to Shep's for lunch and dinner, and enjoyed them both. From a sandwich, to a burger to the chicken pasta. It's all been good! Our first visit, we were with a group of 15 and the service was wonderful. It's a fun, local owned restaurant. The food has always been good, the service has gotten better. I hope the locals support this place. They have a few bottled beers and wine coolers.