“Love their pretzel buns!”
Review of Shep's Southside - CLOSED

Shep's Southside
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Reviewed July 10, 2013

After seeing commercials for this restaurant on TV, I dragged a friend along to try it... and I'm so glad I did because it was amazing!!! I ordered a cheeseburger and he ordered a stuffed burger served on pretzel buns. They were fantastic! The french fries were like true homemade fries and were also excellent! The staff was extremely friendly and the restaurant was so clean that my friend and I both commented on it. Also, I've seen some other reviews of this restaurant where they were dissatisfied with the price to portion ratio; their prices are right on par with similar restaurants, their portions are quite large (I had to take most of my fries and half of my burger home), and it's homemade.

Date of visit: July 2013

Reviewed June 18, 2013

There for lunch. Chicken sandwich was black and charred. Received 12, yes 12 sweet potato fries. Expected better quality and bigger portion for $10 sandwich and fries.

Date of visit: May 2013
1  Thank djrackers
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Sheps Southside is a great new restaurant in Jefferson City. Nice and clean with friendly staff. Food is great and a nice change for all those tired of corporate restaurants that all offer the same stuff. The place is in business for about a year and their burgers are already famous. Interesting to know that those were not the owners' initial intention to focus on, but they must be doing something right. I had a German Brat Burger which is a pork patty nicely seasoned and served with a bit of sourkraut and mustard on a unique homestyle bun. Very tasty.

Date of visit: June 2013
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My son and I had been there before this particular trip. It was a bit pricey and the service was lackluster, but the turkey sandwich was pretty good.

Family was in town from Springfield and Columbia. We went in at a few minutes after seven. There were a few customers, but it wasn't really busy.

Service was slow and our waitress could not answer questions without further consultation. The potatoes, whether fried or baked, were cold. A replacement baked potato did arrive in less than five minutes, but also cooled just as quickly. However, the steamed veggies were good. The house vinaigrette is also good.

I am certain that reflections of that evening will begin with, "Remember when we let her choose the restaurant". I (we) won't be returning.

Date of visit: June 2013
1  Thank MRC1008
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This restaurant is a new one and I wanted to like it. I wanted it to succeed partly because it's in my neighborhood. But I've been there three times at lunch, and I cannot recommend it. The food is good ... when it finally arrives. But the service is MISERABLE. All three times, it took a long time for someone to seat me. Then a long time for someone to take my order. Last time I was there (just last week), I had to wait 40 minutes for my burger and fries.

Good food. HORRIBLE service. Don't try to go there during a 60-minute lunch hour.

Date of visit: May 2013