“Great mom and pop place”
Review of Shep's Southside - CLOSED

Shep's Southside
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The food is good because it is made from scratch. Definitely not fast food. Love the burgers and salads. Different breads available and I like the pretzel bread. Roasted sweet nuts available. Interesting beers and sodas. Friendly staff.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

While I can't say we go there all the time we go there enough. They have pretezel buns for their burgers. It's certainly a change of pace for what you get at other places. The service is quick, especially at lunch. The parking lot is not large but we always manage to find a spot. The price at both lunch and dinner will not put a dent in your pocketbook. Free drink refills are nice, too.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

After seeing commercials for this restaurant on TV, I dragged a friend along to try it... and I'm so glad I did because it was amazing!!! I ordered a cheeseburger and he ordered a stuffed burger served on pretzel buns. They were fantastic! The french fries were like true homemade fries and were also excellent! The staff was extremely friendly and the restaurant was so clean that my friend and I both commented on it. Also, I've seen some other reviews of this restaurant where they were dissatisfied with the price to portion ratio; their prices are right on par with similar restaurants, their portions are quite large (I had to take most of my fries and half of my burger home), and it's homemade.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

There for lunch. Chicken sandwich was black and charred. Received 12, yes 12 sweet potato fries. Expected better quality and bigger portion for $10 sandwich and fries.

1  Thank djrackers
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Sheps Southside is a great new restaurant in Jefferson City. Nice and clean with friendly staff. Food is great and a nice change for all those tired of corporate restaurants that all offer the same stuff. The place is in business for about a year and their burgers are already famous. Interesting to know that those were not the owners' initial intention to focus on, but they must be doing something right. I had a German Brat Burger which is a pork patty nicely seasoned and served with a bit of sourkraut and mustard on a unique homestyle bun. Very tasty.