“Not up to par”
Review of Shep's Southside - CLOSED

Shep's Southside
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Went there for Valentine's Day. Have eaten sandwiches there before and they have been good. However, the dinner meal left a lot to be desired. My boyfriend ordered steak. When it came, the meat was chewy, it kept getting bigger in my mouth the more I chewed it. My friend talked to the owner about it. She took the steak back and said she'd take it off the bill. When he got the bill, she had only taken $7 off the $15 meal. In other words, the baked potato, asparagus, & Lettuce wedge were worth $8! That's not the way to get return customers.

Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

My most recent visit was my third time at Shep's. I wish the very best to this little restaurant. They are eager to make your visit a good one. Their waitstaff is young, a little undertrained, but nice. Their food should be outstanding because it's simple, but it's just not arrived yet. Please give them a chance... Let them improve and grow.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The food is good because it is made from scratch. Definitely not fast food. Love the burgers and salads. Different breads available and I like the pretzel bread. Roasted sweet nuts available. Interesting beers and sodas. Friendly staff.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

While I can't say we go there all the time we go there enough. They have pretezel buns for their burgers. It's certainly a change of pace for what you get at other places. The service is quick, especially at lunch. The parking lot is not large but we always manage to find a spot. The price at both lunch and dinner will not put a dent in your pocketbook. Free drink refills are nice, too.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

After seeing commercials for this restaurant on TV, I dragged a friend along to try it... and I'm so glad I did because it was amazing!!! I ordered a cheeseburger and he ordered a stuffed burger served on pretzel buns. They were fantastic! The french fries were like true homemade fries and were also excellent! The staff was extremely friendly and the restaurant was so clean that my friend and I both commented on it. Also, I've seen some other reviews of this restaurant where they were dissatisfied with the price to portion ratio; their prices are right on par with similar restaurants, their portions are quite large (I had to take most of my fries and half of my burger home), and it's homemade.