“Spooktacular”

Madison's Cafe
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Madison's offers fine American, Italian and eclectic cuisine, casual, relaxed yet elegant dining in an inviting and welcoming atmosphere. Hand-cut steaks, seafood, appetizers, soup, sandwiches, pasta, desserts, a variety of distinctive, unique and tantalizing signature dishes, extensive Cellared Wine List and hand-crafted cocktails await your enjoyment. Our menu is continually updated, reflecting local, seasonable availability and original, imaginative fare, while also paying respect and homage to classics - combining both modern-creative and traditional styles of cooking. Our Gluten-free Menu, whole wheat and rice penne pasta, and a wide variety of vegetarian fare pleases the most sensitive palate We strive to ensure that each visit to Madison’s is better than your last...where you are the center of our attention. We are proud to be a locally -owned, independent business. Come to Madison's to restore your spirit with family and friends...one delicious bite at a time.
Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

Went to dinner on Halloween night, great service and good food. The special of the night was veal parmigiana, so good.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed October 28, 2018

Large menu - something for everyone, including picky eaters like me. Huge portions - my wife and I split a large salad and the bowtie pasta dinner, to which we added grilled salmon. The waitress asked the kitchen to add more food to our dish after we had just completed our 3rd day of cycling the Katy Trail. Highly recommended.

Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

Not easily identified as an Italian restaurant but we all chose an Italian dish and we were all very satisfied. Servings were generous and every effort was made to handle individual requests to change a dish to own specs and tastes. I can’t compare to any other place in town as we were passing through on a Katy Trail bike ride but I definitely would go back. You don’t have to order Italian either but can’t comment on that portion of the menu. It’s a busy place but they got us in without a reservation.

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

We had dinner at Madison's in Jefferson City. I was excited for the visit. The owners were very nice and were active on Facebook messenger with my questions. I could tell they were looking forward to our visit. We arrived and it was cozy and busy. We were seated right away and had a very nice server. She was friendly and informative. We had a delicious sampling of bread and butter/oil. Husband ordered the tortellini and I decided on the lobster mac & cheese. My husband's dish was incredibly delicious. It was flavorful and the pasta was tender. I was disappointed with my lobster mac and cheese. The lobster was nice and the pasta was cooked perfectly...but my complaint was the sauce. It was way too spicy. Nowhere in the description did it mention the sauce was spicy. I just expected a simple cheese sauce that is normally is prepared for macaroni and cheese. I am not for sure if this was a preparation error or if that is how it is really served. You can see in the photo it is darker due to the spice. I would not have ordered it if I would have known since I cannot do too much spice. I would suggest mentioning it in the menu. Other than my dish, we really did enjoy our visit. Our service was fantastic. I would give them another try with a different menu item. Thank you.

Reviewed September 17, 2018

LOVED this place! Great food, nice atmosphere, friendly staff.

Very good menu with lots of choices. But I was hankering a burger and, upon recommendation, swapped in the provel cheese. Yum!!!

Appropriately priced and nicely located downtown.

Date of visit: September 2018