“Not worth the time and $5”

Boulevard Brewing Company
Book In Advance
More Info
US$71.50*
and up
Kansas City Brewery Tour
Ranked #10 of 140 things to do in Kansas City
Reviewed March 12, 2018

If you have gone on a real brewery tour, like the free Anheuser Busch Brewery Tour in St. Louis, you should NOT waste your time on this one. This brewery isn't set up to allow for viewing of the actual brewing process. The most you will see is some vats and the distribution area but nothing that is actually running. And, although we appreciated the wit and brewing knowledge of our tour guide, we didn't learn about the brewing process at the Boulevard facility or why they feel their beer is superior. Also, younger folks touring may appreciate the sloppy dress and the "F bombs" dropped by the staff but we would have preferred a more professional approach that explained more about what differentiates their product and how it is made.

1  Thank EarthMamaLama
in 7 reviews
"love beer"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

When in Kansas City, make sure to visit Boulevard Brewery. We took the free brewery tour (free on Wednesday). We recommend getting tickets early as they are given out on a first come, first serve basis. We got to see how the beer is made, got loads of interesting information and free beer samples at the beginning and the end of the tour. Keith was an amazing guide who made the whole 45-minute tour fun! If you liked the beers that you tried during the tour, make sure to visit the beer hall. They offer a wide variety of beers and also beer flights to try different types in smaller glasses. The gift shop is also worth going to. However, we did not buy anything.. There is also a smokestack tour (not for free) that we will definitely try to do when we are back in Kansas City!

1  Thank Reibi B
Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

I had a good time on this brewery tour. The guide was pretty funny and really knowledgeable about the brewery and processes. I definitely recommend stopping by and checking it out.

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

I came to KC for a quick work trip and love to try new breweries.

When driving up, I was shocked to see how large this brewery is. The beer hall is large, but the layout doesn't make it overwhelming.

I tried their bourbon barrel quad and their coffee stout. Both were really strong in flavor but yummy. The beer I fell in love with was their cranberry orange radler. If someone put a straw in it and called it a pop, I don't think you would disagree with them.

The staff is really nice and super efficient on picking up empty glasses. Also, they have a 50% discount for those in law enforcement, so tell all your police friends!

It was super busy Friday night, but we were able to get seats for a party of 6. Then, 3 of us returned for their Beer, Biscuits, and Bingo at 11a on Sunday. We had so much fun! The bingo is free and you're restricted to play only 1 sheet, but it is a fun way to spend your Sunday morning.

I also had their biscuits and gravy. I am super picky about white sausage gravy because many places make it bland, but Boulevard's sausage gravy is so delicious!! Between my 1 co worker and I, we ate 5 orders lol. Yes, it is THAT good!!