“Best Pizza”

Blue Grotto
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 19, 2015

The pizza here is something special. I am a meat eater but was dining with family members that were were dieting and vegetarian. Therefore, we had the margherita pizza. I didn't even miss meat. The pizza was that great. I normally don't rave about pizza but this was very tasty.

Reviewed December 22, 2014

I must be getting picky as I age. The candle in the seating area by the bar had gone out and the server had difficulty finding a replacement. She ultimately did. The sparkling wine came in a regular wine glass, points off. That allows the bubbles to dissipate too quickly. The excuse was "we are out of champagne glasses." It took far to long to get cheese and peppers with the excellent pizza. The food was brought by someone who looked to be managerial, but before she could get back to us, she schmoozed the next table extensively, and seemed to forget her promise to "be right back." In a perfect world, the condiments would have been brought with the pizza. Our server was bubbly, efficient, charming. Place is nearby and appealing, but this is not the first visit where we noticed that they just miss having it as together as one might hope and expect. Good pizza, nicely presented.

Reviewed September 16, 2014

Nice bar scene. Good pizzas nice happy hour. Nice people. The brookside area is always fun. Casual place to hang with friends.

Reviewed September 8, 2014

I had my 40th birthday party at the Blue Grotto last weekend and it was perfect!! The staff took great care of us from the moment we walked in until the last person left. The food was amazing and the service was great! The margarita pizza and the Diavlo pizza were fantastic!! They had us set up in the upstairs area, which was perfect for a big group. There is even a couch and big tv up there for the guys to keep up on the sports scores. ;) I highly recommend Blue Grotto. The next time we go back, I am going to try the risotto - my guests said it was amazing!! Thanks Blue Grotto!

Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

Stopped be early evening for a drinks, antipasti and salads. All very good and tasty. Service attentive and friendly. Watch when you say "booth" as a seating preference, however, as you may get stuck in the back of the house near busy waitstaff and cooking supplies.