“Problem with organization”
Review of Kids Quest

Kids Quest
Ranked #29 of 33 Fun & Games in Kansas City
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome To Kids Quest At Ameristar Kansas City Kids Quest child care center is designed to be a place where kids are physically and mentally engaged with age-appropriate play-events, helping them grow happily! Every Kids Quest resort partner has its own unique set of things to do for kids and entertainment options for children, families, and adults to enjoy. Kids Quest is a state licensed facility that abides by the State of Missouri’s child care licensing regulations. Per state regulations, Kids Quest must have a copy of your child(ren)’s immunization records on file prior to check-in. Accepted immunization documentation can be a health statement, certificate or record from a physician or a recognized health facility stating that the child(ren) have received the required immunizations along with the dates of administration. For more information, contact the center directly.
Reviewed January 18, 2016

I left 2 kids there, it's average place to be. When check out, they forgot to keep track one of my kid's jacket. I saw where they put it, but when I picked up my kids, it was gone. They didn't know where it was. It was ended up somewhere. I just hope they would keep better track (i.e. organization) of belongings to the children.

KQCQ, Guest Relations Manager at Kids Quest, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2018

Thank you for your review. We apologize for the jacket being misplaced. Please visit us again so that we may provide better guest service. If you feel you would like to share further details, please reach out to us at 1-800-941-1007.

Reviewed November 9, 2014

My kids have went here on many occasions and I have never been unsatisfied until now. I went to the movies (not the casino) which is attached to the casino.

We arrived 5 minutes into the movie previews. I was able to sign both of them in and I had a groupon for 5 hours for them for $20 which is great considering they don't offer discounts for multiple kids.

I was told they would be offered a healthy snack if I went over 2.5 hours. I said ok filled out the snack form and left for movie. My kids had just eaten a kids meal from chick fil a and I knew they shouldn't be hungry.

Fast foward...movie was long took 3 hours total with previews. I arrived in the door right at 3 hours. However there were many folks in front of me so I had to wait on them to get checked in which took about 10 minutes. (Realize that until they scan your bar code you are being charged even though you're already in line). I dont like this, but I was aware of it.

I finally get upto the counter and I was expecting to pay for an hour and a half with my groupon. They told me the kids had snacks. Now you are able to tell them what snacks your kids can have....remember healthy snacks. So I was ok with Apple juice, but then I see that my 3 year old had soda and Oreos. (Healthy snack. I think not). It's too late to argue once the food is consumed, but I thought it irresponsible of them to let a 3year old have apple juice, soda, and Oreos, when that's not what I put down for them to eat.

I think this place is good, but you need to know upfront about the check in process and the snack form mishap. Normally I'd be ok with the snack mishap, but you just gave my son a lot of sugar at 8:30pm.

In the end, I'll use them again, but I'll be very careful and explain the snack form to them before I leave.

2  Thank DreaDur
Kids Quest M, Public Relations Manager at Kids Quest, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2014

Sorry to hear about your disappointing experience at Kids Quest. We of course want to ensure that all our guests have a wonderful time. We would like your feedback, and will be contacting you regarding your experience and concerns.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

My husband and I finally wanted a date night. After 2 years we decided on here so we could eat with out a toddler in tow. We were gone for one hour and when we came back our son was the most miserable I've ever seen him. He's never been a big cryer but his head was jerking he was crying so hard. Never again will he stay here. They said he just started and it was because a different child was upset. I've only seen him that upset when he's been seriously hurt. I carried him to the car sobbing the entire time, each jerk broke my heart even more. They won't even let you look at the center! He goes for an hour with me at the gym I attends' sit service. I watch him on the tv and he never cries. I don't know what happened but I asked him if anyone was mean, he'd answer yes every time. I'm not sure why I thought a daycare in a casino would be ok but it proved to be much worse then we expected. So in short if you want to have an hour of fun do anything but this. As a preteen I guess they would be ok but my babies tears were enough for me to never want to return. It was a much lower class crowd as well.

8  Thank 123count

Thank you for your review--it allows us to reevaluate our guest service, and to learn from your experience. Please reach out to us at 1-800-941-1007 to discuss your visit further.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

Very useful play center inside Ameristar Casino. Great to drop the kids off at while the adults see a show, eat and/or gamble. The only bad thing is how expensive it has become.

5  Thank ambdrvr2004

Thank you for your review. We are always working to improve guest service--your feedback allows us to do just that. Your concerns and impressions have been shared with our operations team.