“The Choice is quite obvious!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport

Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport
Ranked #4 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Joplin, Missouri
“The Choice is quite obvious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

What a wonderful Hotel! Upon check-in the lobby was spotless, all the employees were nice looking and well mannered. Great first impression. We get to the room to find a huge couch, 42 inch tv, and an amazing Bed, and nice kitchenette! Shuttle service starts at 4:30 at this hotel which is much earlier than many other KCI hotels. Also I didn't get to enjoy the breakfast due to our early flight, but getting a room like that with free shuttle service and free hot breakfast. Good luck finding anything like it.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Korean first
rogers222
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

The hotel itself is not bad. Nice property close to the KC Airport. Nice rooms, free internet. No complaints on the facilities.

My complaint is that they refused to give me a receipt at the front desk. I made my reservation through one of the online booking agencies, so when I checked out of the hotel the clerk refused to give me a receipt or bill, saying I would have to contact the booking agency. As a business traveler, I have to file receipts to get reimbursed, and am still trying to get an email receipt from the booking agency. I reserve hotels several times a month through booking agencies, but this is the first time a hotel has flatly refused to provide me a receipt.

Awful policy, major inconvenience to business travelers. I couldn't stay there again if I want to keep my travel accounts straight.

Room Tip: Don't book through an online booking agency.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Rogers222
Brookings, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

We have stayed at the Hyatt Place Kansas City airport location a few times, and make it our favored destination when in the area. It is conveniently located near outstanding dining establishments, near the Zana Rosa Mall, right off I-29, has outstanding staff and is wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: we have always had an excellent room, which was quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bobjan415
Galway
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

Stayed here for a weekend and made a 20 min phone call to Nebraska for which the hotel charged 55 dollars. Total rip off. Argued with reception and told them that charge was extortionate and they refused to reduce the charge, despite us telling them we will never be back. How they can justify this is unbelievable. Don't give this hotel your money, worst experience we've ever had.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank pinklady96
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

Hyatt Place is clean, comfortable, and affordable. The rooms have nice amenities including e makers, flat screen TVs, and free Internet access. A continetnial breakfast is served each morning until 10 but cleared very quickly so don't sleep in if you want a bite. The staffing is light and designed to insure quick check in a self sve check out so don't expect a lot of attention.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

This is the hotel where I always try to stay whenever I'm back visiting the KC. Love the rooms - always clean and super comfy.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Santa Clarita, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

I scored an excellent, actually remarkably low rate from the Hyatt.com in addition to my AAA discount. I had to be there for Christmas eve- Christmas day and I'm certain there is no better place to stay.

The only thing keeping me from giving the Hyatt Place KC Airport a rating of "excellent" was I got in late (as these things happen in winter/near holidays) and the hotel shuttle stops after midnight. I did not find this vital piece of info anywhere on their website, which I look for when booking. If they could arrange shuttle "as needed" after midnight it would be great. It was $16 cab to the airport, plus tip ($20 total)

The room is absolutely beautiful and spacious. Amenities like in room safe, refrigerator, desk area, free wifi, desk work area, large L-shaped sofa lounge area, and darn near huge flat screen. Wow, I was impressed. The hotel was also very quiet, but it was Christmas after all and "Not a creature was stirring not even a mouse." Which I should add, this place is very very clean there wouldn't ever be a mouse.

Since the restaurants like Cracker Barrel were closed for the holiday (bummer- they are delicious!) I ate from the Hyatt Place Cafe, a cheese pizza that was actually far superior than I ever could expect, loved every bite of it and the reeses cookie I had. Prices were more than reasonable, I think cookie and pizza together were under $10.

Check in/out were swift and easy. If I'm back in KC, I am staying here for certain. Oh! And silly as it sounds- thing I loved? The tooth paste in addition soaps. Never been to a hotel that also gave you your own tooth paste. Awesome.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business