New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport

Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport
Ranked #4 of 113 Hotels in Kansas City
mfarid2009
“Very close to the airport and Zona Rosa shopping center”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

I stayed there for two nights based on my previous experience in a different Hyatt placd location that I liked very much.
This hotel is very much similar but I was disappointed when I got to the room because I did not find the cleanliness of the room as I expected. I found thd soap bar with some stains of a spelled coffee or so. Also the blanket they provided for the sleeping sofa was stained and I asked for another one and it was the same (stained). I could not let my daughter use it.
The breakfast was not as I expected too. They had a ready made ham English muffin with egg and cheese (skillet items). I don't eat pork so I asked for some without the ham but they could not provide me except with egg patties.
The staff were nice and smiling. Otherwise everything was ok.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Korean first
Wamego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

We have stayed twice at this hotel, once to use the shuttle service to the airport, the second time to meet with friends for a relaxing evening. The rooms are spacious and the separate living area makes it wonderul to unwind and visit. And, the entire hotel is spotless and all of the employees are very friendly and courteous. The rooms are very quiet so you aren't kept awake with outside noise. A great place to stay for the money.

Room Tip: We have always been on the 2nd or 3rd floor and have had no problems with noise of any kind.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Cortland, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

The room was very nice and clean. Meets the expectation level of Hyatt place. The room was worth the money and clean and comfort. The food options onsite at the hotel was good and the best part was the shuttle service. The shuttle picks you up from the airport and They can take you to the closest areas and specially mall called Zona Rosa and pick you up when needed. The shuttle driver was very knowledgeable and helpful. It saves a lot of money.

Hyatts' are always good and this one was too.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Midwest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

We were looking for a hotel close to the airport to catch an international flight the next morning. The hotel was easy to get to on the north side of KC. The hotel was seemed new and had a trendy lobby/bar area. While I waited in line to check-in an employee came over and checked me in at the self-service kiosks. Our room was great, clean modern and trendy with a fridge, sink, desk and flat screen TV.

Only negative, when we booked the hotel we also pre-paid for stay and park so that the hotel shuttle could pick us up and take us to the airport. We found out that the time that we needed the shuttle to pick us up was full and not available even though we had pre-paid. They did, however, call and arrange for another hotel nearby to pick us up at the time we needed.

Just be aware of this when booking the stay and park. Possibly call ahead and see if you can book the time you need ahead of time.

The hotel was next door to a Ruby Tuesdays, which was convenient since we got in later that evening.

Overall, we enjoyed the hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank midwestsuzanne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

Room was beautiful and location was great. But it was the personalized service that impressed me. The employees made me feel like the only one staying there.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank chel1395
Joplin, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

What a wonderful Hotel! Upon check-in the lobby was spotless, all the employees were nice looking and well mannered. Great first impression. We get to the room to find a huge couch, 42 inch tv, and an amazing Bed, and nice kitchenette! Shuttle service starts at 4:30 at this hotel which is much earlier than many other KCI hotels. Also I didn't get to enjoy the breakfast due to our early flight, but getting a room like that with free shuttle service and free hot breakfast. Good luck finding anything like it.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
rogers222
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

The hotel itself is not bad. Nice property close to the KC Airport. Nice rooms, free internet. No complaints on the facilities.

My complaint is that they refused to give me a receipt at the front desk. I made my reservation through one of the online booking agencies, so when I checked out of the hotel the clerk refused to give me a receipt or bill, saying I would have to contact the booking agency. As a business traveler, I have to file receipts to get reimbursed, and am still trying to get an email receipt from the booking agency. I reserve hotels several times a month through booking agencies, but this is the first time a hotel has flatly refused to provide me a receipt.

Awful policy, major inconvenience to business travelers. I couldn't stay there again if I want to keep my travel accounts straight.

Room Tip: Don't book through an online booking agency.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business