“Roach infestation”

Ranked #5 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Baltimore, Maryland
“Roach infestation”
Reviewed 23 May 2012

It seemed like a great hotel until we saw the roaches. A co-worker of mine staying on the first floor had a roach run across the floor as he entered his room our second night there. Our third night I saw two roaches in my sixth floor room in less than five minutes. I will not be staying there again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Samantha F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Korean first
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 1 May 2012

This particular Hyatt Place represents the best of what I've come to expect from the brand.

Upon walking in I was immediately greeted by the staff even though it was very busy at the time. After waiting just a few short minutes I was checked-in and headed to my room after the staff member took a moment to point out a few of the amenities in the lobby area.

The room was pretty much on-par with other Hyatt Place properties. Very comfortable bed, large sectional sofa, huge high-def TV, and a very clean bathroom. Free W-Fi is another perk I really appreciate at any hotel. Make sure you wake up in time for breakfast which is a nice step above many hotels of the same price.

I'll definitely be staying here again if I'm in need of a hotel in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Alan L
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 30 April 2012

This hotel had great rooms, good location with several restaurants close by. Free shuttle to airport or Zona Rosa. Breakfast was great but the staff was awesome! Our very large club volleyball team needed rooms and Ciscely and Kelly in the sales office are fabulous to work with. Check in was such a breeze and the ladies at the front desk were very helpful to our whole group. All of our families (16 in all) couldn't have been more pleased with our stay and we will definitely be back when we need to be in the north Kansas City area. I give it a four star rating only because there is always room for improvement from any hotel we stay in, although this one was pretty darned perfect. Thanks, Ciscely and Kelly for working with our group and sorry the management had to come settle our girls down! They were just pumped from a great day of play...oops :)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Okzrus
Landenberg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Room just okay...breakfast bar continually out of coffee...
Hotel location was good and easily accessible to airport

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
mfarid2009
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I stayed there for two nights based on my previous experience in a different Hyatt placd location that I liked very much.
This hotel is very much similar but I was disappointed when I got to the room because I did not find the cleanliness of the room as I expected. I found thd soap bar with some stains of a spelled coffee or so. Also the blanket they provided for the sleeping sofa was stained and I asked for another one and it was the same (stained). I could not let my daughter use it.
The breakfast was not as I expected too. They had a ready made ham English muffin with egg and cheese (skillet items). I don't eat pork so I asked for some without the ham but they could not provide me except with egg patties.
The staff were nice and smiling. Otherwise everything was ok.

• Stayed April 2012
Wamego
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We have stayed twice at this hotel, once to use the shuttle service to the airport, the second time to meet with friends for a relaxing evening. The rooms are spacious and the separate living area makes it wonderul to unwind and visit. And, the entire hotel is spotless and all of the employees are very friendly and courteous. The rooms are very quiet so you aren't kept awake with outside noise. A great place to stay for the money.

Room Tip: We have always been on the 2nd or 3rd floor and have had no problems with noise of any kind.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Cortland, New York
Reviewed 19 March 2012

The room was very nice and clean. Meets the expectation level of Hyatt place. The room was worth the money and clean and comfort. The food options onsite at the hotel was good and the best part was the shuttle service. The shuttle picks you up from the airport and They can take you to the closest areas and specially mall called Zona Rosa and pick you up when needed. The shuttle driver was very knowledgeable and helpful. It saves a lot of money.

Hyatts' are always good and this one was too.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo