All reviews brick wall convention center power and light district complimentary champagne zebra room parking garage across the street boutique hotel valet parking the holiday inn rooms are small within walking distance municipal auditorium corner room front desk staff bed was very comfortable water pressure union station
Reviewed August 17, 2011

After having "stayed" there before ( see overbooked w/ attitude....again) I would never have gone back, however, my niece booked it (not knowing about the previous experiences).
I called he Aladdin to explain my reservations and they assured me that they were under new management and things would be different.
Our stay was P E R F E C T .
The employees were very courteous and helpful ( especially Sharon). The hotel was comfy and nicely decorated.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2011

So the hotel itself is gorgeous and has some nice amenities and fun decor! However, it seems to be party central. Of the 3 nights we stayed there we got very little sleep for all the loud drunks roaming the halls until the crack of dawn. The hotel doesn't seem to know they have this problem, as to their credit they were prompt at our phone calls but the timing never quite worked and no one seemed to patrol the floors at all. And my stumbling drunk guests I mean yelling, pounding on doors, wrestling in the hallway, etc. I'm not saying a few people talking too loud. So...beware of the clientele. Other than that and the unpredictable valet service the hotel was very nice and responsive to our requests. But no price is worth no sleep so I'm afraid we won't be returning.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank hmosley
Reviewed August 12, 2011

My sister and I booked this hotel for a last minute birthday trip through hotwire. I have stayed at many, many 3 1/2 to 4 star hotels in the downtown/crown center area in Kansas City and this was by far my favorite. The place is small but nicely restored, we got champagne on check in which was a really nice touch, the staff was super friendly and was even nice enough to print directions for different places we wanted to venture. We also got a heck of a deal on the room considering that we literally booked it the day before we left. The room was cute, comfortable and we didn't have any noise issues. I thought the bed was very comfortable. Oh and free wifi, which is always a bonus (nothing is more irritating than staying in an expensive hotel and having to pay an extra $10 for a night of wifi). All and all I would stay again in a heartbeat. My parking was free too, due to no events going on during our stay as well.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Room was comfortable and stylishly updated, if not overly large. Bed was very firm, but surprisingly comfortable for someone who is usually a fan of softer mattresses. A/C kept the room comfortable in the middle of a heat wave and didn't make much noise. The front desk staff was great, and was willing to accommodate a slightly later check out despite being very busy.

Some of the room's details were off though. It was almost impossible to control the water flow rate out of the bathroom sink faucet... this doesn't sound like a big deal until you've sprayed water all over your shirt several times. The stone shower would have looked great except the shower faucet flange was not attached to the wall, so there was just a rough hole in the stone, with a big red circle drawn in marker on the shower indicating where the installer was supposed to cut it. The toilet paper holder wasn't securely fastened to the wall and there were some stains on the bathroom walls. Nothing major, but collectively, these things all detracted a bit from what at first glance looked very nice.

There is a restaurant in the hotel, but we never ate there. ~$14 for the breakfast buffet sounded like way too much. Instead, check out MeMa's Bakery or just get some bagels and fruit at Cosentino's grocery store... both are about two blocks east.

Overall good stay, close to the convention center, easy access to the MAX bus to get to attractions south of downtown.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2011

After making reservations 5 months in advance, then calling a week prior to our stay, it was disappointing to find that only 3 of the 5 rooms we booked with two queen beds were available to us at check in. Two of the families in our party settled for rooms with a single queen bed instead of the ones with two beds we reserved. Nothing was taken off our bill but we were given certificates for two free breakfasts at the hotel restaurant. All our rooms' windows looked out at the old brick wall of a nearby building. The hotel is old with small rooms. The restaurant breakfast buffet was just ok. After we paid for breakfast, a manager came to us and asked for extra fees for taxes and service fees on the "free" breakfasts. We booked the hotel because it was close to the wedding we were attending, but it is a mistake we won't repeat. Review written by parents with grown children and grandchildren

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family