“Avoid if you do any gaming”

Residence Inn Kansas City Airport
Ranked #28 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Oviedo, Florida
“Avoid if you do any gaming”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

The Residence Inn here is well maintained and the staff seemed friendly.

However, if you do any gaming you'll want to avoid this place. The internet had severe packet loss - and my attempts to coordinate a fix with the ISP proved fruitless. Of course you know how important that is to them when they ask you how long you're going to be at the hotel.

In my case it was one night. I went to the Hampton Inn down the road and had no issues whatsoever.

If you simply browse the internet you probably won't notice it much, but other than that the connection isn't that great. These days there's no excuse for a lousy internet connection.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Port Jefferson Station, New York
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Stayed for business 12/5/11 - 12/9/11. Hotel is close to the airport as well as Zona Rosa, a big mall with plenty of dining and shopping available. My suite was spacious and clean. House keeping did a nice job tidying up each day. The hotel is close to the highway but I did not have any noise issues with traffic as some others have stated in their reviews. The breakfast was as expected, comparable to other Residence Inns with plenty to offer. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
NYC
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I stayed here for more than a week when I moved to the Kansas City Area and was looking for a permanent place to live. Like the other Residence Inn hotels I have stayed at, this one is perfect for traveling with the family. I had a suite and it was very nice and clean. This may be nit-picking, but the only complaint I had was that in the suite, the bathroom was inside the bedroom, not the living room. This made it hard to go to the bathroom while my 2 year old daughter was sleeping. The staff is very helpful, and the rooms and the building as a whole is great. The breakfast and the evening happy hour is on par with other Residence Inns I have been to. The grounds are nice as well as the pool. There is a nice outdoor picnic area too.
The hotel is in a great location if you need to go to the airport. It is also near the Zona Rosa shopping area. However, without a car, you will be stuck.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Cartman72
Junction City, Kansas
Reviewed 27 January 2012

On January 13, 2012, my girlfriend and I stayed at the Residence Inn in Kansas City on Ambassador Drive, prior to flying out to Sandals Whitehouse in Jamaica. While there everyone was extremely professional and know what customer service is all about unlike most hotels. Our room was clean and spacious and we were well rested for our trip to Jamaica the next day. The other added value was we had parking for our car while we were gone and a shuttle service that got us to and from the hotel in a timely manner (no waiting around forever like at other hotels). Overall the Residence Inn made the first and last leg of our vacation a very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Great place to stay if you are flying out of MCI in Kansas City. It is only minutes from the airpor...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 24 January 2012

This place was beautiful and the front desk agent, Stephanie, was so pleasant. When she couldn't find our reservation, she called across the street to find out that we had actually reserved a room at the Courtyard by Marriott, but I messed up and we showed up here. She was able to accommodate us, bring the rate close to what we had planned to pay at Courtyard, and cancelled our reservation over there.

I was amazed that dinner was offered as well as breakfast. We saved a few dollars by having our meal here and just enjoying dessert and coffee in a restaurant after we walked around nearby Zona Rosa.

The room was very well-appointed, with high ceilings and modern furnishings. The bed was comfortable and the hotel was rather quiet. I could envision myself comfortably staying longer than our two nights, sometime in the future.

We really enjoyed our stay and highly recommend this place, even to my family living in St. Joseph, just for a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor to prevent any overhead noise we usually hear in other hotels.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
rogers222
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Awful experience, unhelpful staff, dirty facilities, unbearable airport noise. Recommend against staying there.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Rogers222
Iowa
Reviewed 2 January 2012

The hotel was nice; the rooms clean modern and spacious. The breakfast was great with plenty of room to sit. The lobby is beautiful, parking is convenient. The pool was nice (standard indoor hotel pool).I had 2 issues with the hotel – noise and service.
We had a room facing the freeway and the noise was very noticeable. We could also hear planes taking off so ask for a room facing away from the interstate if you stay. We have stayed in airport hotels before and usually there is not such a problem.
Also, when we opened the folding sofa bed, there we crumpled linens on it which had clearly not been replaced from the last guest. I called housekeeping and was told new linens will be delivered, but we grew too tired to wait and had 3 kids sleep in one bed (which was of course uncomfortable for them and they woke up at 6AM). In the morning the linens were outside our door (not sure at what time they were delivered). In addition, we had 4 towels in the room the first day and decided to manage with it (one of us used one of the kids towels). On the second night we only had 3 clean towels in the room. I called the lobby and was told to come down and get them myself. Well, I was in a wet bathing suit with 3 naked kids in the shower, so I couldn’t come. The towels were never delivered, so another night of showering with the kids soggy towels.
Overall an OK experience, just seems that housekeeping and customer service needs some improvement.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family