All reviews stop traffic chiefs game kaufman stadium dee dee room was clean directly across the street hotel restaurant kc conditioner soap
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

The staff at front desk were excellent. Super helpful and very welcoming. Thanks ladies! Convenient to ballpark, short walk. Crosswalk and Police will stop traffic. Left game early and grabbed drinks at bar and also had excellent service.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel because I didn’t want to travel after I left a game at Kauffman Stadium because I knew we would be leaving the stadium really late.

When I checked in the was a large group checking in and the line was increasing behind me. The sad part is the young lady was doing all she could to get the group checked in but there was no one to help her out. But she remained calm and extremely apologetic the entire time. Also to cut down on everyone’s wait time, she explained a lot of the general information out loud so she wouldn’t have to say it repeatedly to everyone.

Once checked in, I found the room to be pretty basic. The bed was ok, the bathroom was pretty clean but we had no microwave. There was a space on the cart in our room for it but I guess they forgot. The balcony door was unlocked even though there’s a sign at the front desk that said the balconies were locked. Hmm.

After the game we found an issue with the bathroom light. I called the front desk and the clerk was very nice about it and said maintenance was working on it. A few minutes later the light came on. But before I could get my things together for my shower it’d gone back out. I called again to voice the issue. But we both had to take a shower in the dark! And we left the light switch on but we had no luck. The light didn’t come back on until sometime during the night while we were sleeping.

When we checked out I tried to tell the woman about it at the desk (someone different) she cut me off by saying all of the rooms ending in 23 & 25 were having the same issue on each floor.

With that being said, I would think they would have tried to place us in another room or offer us money back on the room. But neither of those options were offered. Sad.

This hotel stay could have been considerably nicer if they’d handled their issues a lot better. It wasn’t our fault the lights went out but we definitely paid for the entire stay without any mention of them trying to make things better once they saw there wasn’t a quick fix.

I also had a question after leaving and it took three days for the manager Nick to call me back. It wasn’t his fault for the delay; the hotel is understaffed. He was very nice and apologetic when he called but it shouldn’t have taken that long for such a small hotel. Please get them some help because if you don’t; all those staff members there that showed such high professionalism are going to disappear.

I want to go back to KC but I don’t think I’ll be staying there.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank RendezvousbyDawn
Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

Do not stay here. Bloody light switch the phone doesn’t even have a cord, ripped curtains, dirty carpet and tables and it SMELLS. Check in did not provide any information. No receipt, not even telling me a price. Not providing info on the restaurant.

Reviewed September 5, 2018

I travel for business every week. My coworkers recommended that I start staying at Marriott Branded hotels. BIG MISTAKE. First..the photo, is clearly photo Shopped, or was taken in 1975, no way it's a recent photo. Second..the lobby is subpar, but ironically the nicest part of the hotel. The front desk staff was complacent and lazy. The room smelled like mold, there was hair in my sink. The bed didn't have a bed skirt, and looked like someone had slept on it before I got there. There is a sign in the lobby saying that for safety reason the balconies in the rooms can't be accessed. The toilet was running..constantly. I made the mistake of taking my shoes off...WHAT WAS I THINKING? The grimy floor felt like a combination of soda spill and soap residue. The Front desk refused to refund my money...I would have moved to another Marriott location, but they said I was past my cancelation period? So I booked at the Holiday inn Express down the road..Greeted with a smile, but a very helpful young man. Got a Clean, fresh room.

Room tip: Best Room is at a different hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2018

The whole experience wasn't bad, but not what I expected for a Sheraton branded property.

The bathroom was the biggest letdown. The tub had a slow but constant drip. I had to take the stopper out to keep the water from pooling. The shower head came up to my neck so it was uncomfortable to use. The toilet needed an adjustment too, I had to hold the handle down a few seconds to get it to flush. There was also an odd odor in both rooms.

Check-in took longer than normal/expected. I had booked 2 rooms but for some reason they could only find one. I gave them all of the information on the booking but it still took at least 10 minutes just for them to figure out what to do. I honestly don't know if they ever found the second one but we did end up getting them. I got the impression that they just took my word for it.

I was asked if we wanted adjoining rooms and I told them it wasn't necessary. The lady checking me in said she would go ahead and give me adjoining rooms, but when we got to them they were on opposite sides of the hall. It wasn't a big deal, just odd that she said we would get them and then didn't know we didn't until we got to the rooms.

The beds were comfortable, the room was clean, but it was a bit outdated. The carpet definitely needs to be replaced and the whole place would look better with some updating inside and out. It needs paint outside, the things that don't work need to be fixed, and new decor would really help.

The location is perfect if you're going to a Royals or Chiefs game as the stadiums are right across the street. It's close to the highway which is good since there aren't a lot of food choices in the immediate area. There is a restaurant in the hotel, one in the hotel across the interstate, and a handful of fast food options. Otherwise you have to go down a few exits to get more options.

For the price I can't complain too much. But I've gotten deals like that at other hotels that were much better in appearance and amenities.

• Trip type: Travelled with family