All reviews royals game denny's restaurant evening food free soda and popcorn baked potato ball park free breakfast and dinner baseball trip kc royals room was clean outdoor pool great place to stay walking distance sports complex evening reception definitely stay here again oatmeal
Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

After a lengthy day of travel, we were ready to get to our hotel and rest. When we drove up to this Drury Inn where we had our reservation, it was mostly dark. We thought “Well, it is 10 PM, maybe they just dim the lights at night.” We went to check in only to find that they had a partial power outage, could not check us in, could not give us keys, and the elevator did not work, so we had to climb up several flights of stairs with all our luggage ... see what I mean? It was the wrong night to show up there! The young man at check-in was very pleasant but he was the bearer of the bad news. They did offer us a room further down the road, but we did not want to go there because we needed to be in the location of our reservation. We were stuck in our room or only one of us could leave at a time or we could not get back in because we had no keys. The next AM, ONE of us went to retrieve our keys so we could then go down and eat breakfast. I do think they should have given us SOME kind of discount for the less than ideal circumstances. We did not rest as well because the air system was off, too. The lady at breakfast was efficient and courteous. Breakfast was overall pretty good. I have had good experiences at Drury before so I will not write them off over this, but I was not a happy guest this time. The location is right behind a Denny’s and their light was shining in our window when the curtains were open. It was not far off the interstate either but noise was not a problem. If you are going to the Truman library or home, this is very close to that.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are terribly sorry to hear about your experience! Unfortunately power outages do happen and they are beyond our control. However it sounds like we could have handled the situation better. All feedback is valuable in our ongoing mission to completely satisfy every guest, every day. Please call me directly if you have a few moments and would like to further discuss your experience.

Rachel K.
816-923-3000

Reviewed October 6, 2018

My husband and I booked this hotel primarily to make it easy to attend a Chiefs game. We were checked in by Michael and greeted as if we were old friends. We were fortunate enough to have arrived from New York early and made it to the hotel in time for the evening food offering. To be honest, we weren't expecting too much from this but were very impressed with the selection of free food and drinks available - perfect for an evening meal if you are a little tired of the huge portions of food served in restaurants! Our room was of a good size and perfectly clean. We were able to walk to Arrowhead for our stadium tour and for the game within 20 minutes and, despite the hotel being full on the Saturday and Sunday night, we heard no noise and enjoyed a good night's sleep throughout our stay. We were warmly greeted every time we passed reception and were regularly asked if our food was ok in the dining room. This will definitely not be the last time we stay at this property and I will be looking for this brand in other US cities in future.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Celica190
Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here on a trip out west. Convenient to I 70 and KC Chiefs & KC Royals stadiums. Hotel was clean, staff extremely friendly. Basic hotel. I have stayed in nicer, larger fancier Drury Inn's. Evening reception had baked potatoes, tacos, hot dogs, salad, soup and drinks. Breakfast was the usual sausage, eggs, waffles, muffins, hot and cold cereal. Would stay here again. Would give it a 3.5 (this was not a choice).

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

One of the best nights sleep and a safe place for my family. Great service and great rooms. The free food is wonderful and there is alway plenty. I always stay at Drury Inns when I can. The best place to spend the night.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

We were on the 3 rd floor which I liked, the lobby-food serving area is on the 2 nd floor. we could take the stairs down which landed us in the eating area. The elevator was also convenient. The room was clean and comfortable, food was average, staff was helpful and friendly. We stayed here for the convenience of the royal stadium. Billy Joel concert (sigh). So I think the convenience was reflected in the price, that said... we would stay here again. The hotel does not provide transportation however they are affiliated with a company that works for tips. Yes, the hotel is within walking distance if you are fit and adventurous, walking back is up hill.

Room Tip: request a quiet room
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple