“Hidden gem in Kirkwood”
Review of Kirkwood Brewhouse

Kirkwood Brewhouse
Ranked #18 of 63 Restaurants in Kirkwood
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Description: Kirkwood Brewhouse is a new upscale sports bar with 26 beers on tap, and a family-friendly vibe showcasing the best of Kirkwood!
Reviewed 8 June 2017

We came to this place in sort of a random way, meeting our daughter's future in-laws for dinner. We discovered very quickly they had great food, great drinks and an inviting atmosphere - not to mentioned Fan 590 entrepeneur Tim McKernan is in charge of the place. Big thumbs up!

1  Thank BlueCollarMan80

Reviewed 4 May 2017

This is a relatively new place, I think. Lots of TVs throughout. We enjoyed the Blues playoff game, and the bar area was pretty full. Even so, the service was attentive and friendly. They have a good list of seasonal beers brewed in Missouri. We had a few appetizers among the group. The wings were decent but nothing earthshattering. Fries were good, as were the pretzels and accompanying cheese dip. If I'm in St. Louis again, I'll likely consider this place to catch some sports and nibble.

1  Thank JWK1969
Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

My family (myself, husband, and 17 month old son) went here for lunch a few days ago. I had the turkey sandwich, my husband had the brisket, and my son had grilled cheese. Everything tasted great. They have a fairly extensive beer list, which my husband enjoyed. I would say the service is just a touch on the slow side. It wasn't terrible, but we had to wait longer to be seated and for our food than it would have appeared based on the number of people in the place. One thing that was nice was that they brought out my son's meal as soon as it was ready, which I really appreciated with a hungry toddler. His grilled cheese was a full size sandwich, which is a good value for an older kid who can eat that much. We were headed to the Magic House for the afternoon and if I were ever back in the area, I'd return to this restaurant.

2  Thank Katie P
Reviewed 6 April 2017

Very nice sport for lunch, dinner, happy hour etc with a multitude of T.V's for every sporting event. Fairly open, but with a true dining area separate from the high top bar area. Food, service, and drinks the same on both sides. Great appetizers ( indulge yourself with maple sugar Canadian bacon). Sandwiches are quite generous portions and all the side dishes very tasty. Our waitress, Shalina, was very friendly and attentive, without being intrusive. The top manager made the rounds and was quite involved. Drink prices are reasonable and good pours. We will be back.

1  Thank pagmeister
Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

Sitting in a very empty restaurant. Sitting with no server waiting on us but quite a few servers wandering around. Finally catch the eye of one who asks if we've been served (our menus are in front of us). He goes to the back to fetch our server. She offers no apology. In a conversation about the type of beer to order she spouts industry jargon so quickly we had to stop her a couple of times for definitions of terms. We think she just memorized her lines without really knowing what they meant. Our order taken (finally) my husband waits for his beer....and waits, and waits. We're about ready to bail when it finally arrives. No apology or explanation. Then we wait for our food...and wait.
Food finally arrives and it's basic but decent.
C'mon folks...this could be a nice neighborhood restaurant but service failures like this won't be tolerated. Train servers to be responsive!