“Good Traditional Steakhouse”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

A group of six of us dined at Citizen Kane's tonight. The steak was cooked perfectly, flavorful and tender. We all had very generous portions of meat, served with your choice of sauce.

My dinner salad was served with a vinaigrette dressing that I really liked. Citizen Kane's also offers Mayfair salad dressing, an anchovy based dressing that isn't served at many restaurants.

Our waiter, Tony was very attentive and delivered our courses promptly, so our dinner was nicely paced.

If you are in the mood for small servings, weird foamy sauces, mysterious garnishes served at a trendy restaurant, then this is not the restaurant for you. Citizen Kane is a very traditional steakhouse, so the dinner salad, meat and potatoes, are not served with a lot of unnecessary accompaniments.

I give Citizen Kane 5 stars for its food and service.

Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

You can not go wrong here for a mouth watering filet! Like butter with a TON of great flavor. And don't miss the Mayfair dressing on your salad. I drive from Kentucky at least 3 times a year to eat here. Frank and Janet Kane you know how! Lovely meal...lovely staff!

Reviewed August 8, 2017

I have been to a lot of places for Steak in St Louis and around the country,
Citizen Kane's is the single best steak I have ever eaten.
Every bite explodes with this amazing favor that makes you savor each bite.
Their Salads and sides are amazing to.
Wether your traveling through St Louis or live in our great city.
Citizen Kane's should be on the top of your list.
The level of Service from the valet when you pull in, to the servers,
you will not be disappointed.
It is worth every penny you spend.
Don't forget to make a Reservation.

Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

This week provided three great dining out experiences, all unplanned more than a week earlier.

Wednesday night provided a work dinner at Citizen Kane's.

The one team member searched linkedin.com and found an article recommending the best steak house in each of our 50 states, and that article recommended CItizen Kane's.

We were all glad he found that article.

I was able to visit here once before, back around 2004 or 2005, and enjoyed it then.

And it should not have taken so long to return.

Six of us dined this Wednesday night, and every single person agreed that this was one of the best steaks they had ever had. And the sides are amazing, too. I enjoyed the creamed spinach... AWESOME!

The steak, amazing.
I was quite torn... I could have finished it, and been unconfortable, so I took a bit home and my wife and kids finished off it, and a couple of buttered bread rolls, before I could throw away the bag and sit back down at the table.

We look forward to a family dinner, and separate date nights, here... sooon!

Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

Had been hearing about Citizen Kane's for awhile. My wife and I had a big anniversary coming up and we were looking for a new place to visit. CK seemed to fit the bill.
Made reservations 2 days in advance. When we arrived we were seated up stairs that you have to climb a rather steep staircase to get to. The decor upstairs looked the same as downstairs.. nothing fancy, our vinyl table cloth had a tear in it, the chairs ALL looked extremely worn. Looked over the menu, had cocktails which
we're good, service was great. I chose the New York strip, my wife the filet.

When they got to the table they were cooked to order neither steak was what we would consider to be extremely tender but good. Good flavor good appearance. Side dishes again were good but not exceptional.

The server brought over a complementary Chocolate cake and we both thought this was the high point of the meal. Cake was warm with chocolate icing and whipped cream. THIS was exceptional.

So looking back is Citizen Kane's a good restaurant? Yes! Was it worth what we were charged? My wife and I both do not believe so. This is a solid four star restaurant not five... and there nothing wrong with that. Drop the ( steak) entree prices by 10-12 dollars, the drink prices by half and you would have a winner!

Will we return? Probably.

1  Thank B G