“happy hour”

P J's Tavern In Kirkwood
Ranked #24 of 63 Restaurants in Kirkwood
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Reviewed 10 April 2017

good food; comfort food; fast food; pleasant dining; onion rings, salads, pizza, moderately priced cheap eats, tvs for sports viewing

Reviewed 6 March 2017

Although we have lived in the area for twenty years, this was our first visit. It was an OK experience. The restaurant consists of several rooms, dimly lit and pleasant enough.

My wife and I had a standard meal. I had a "smothered rib eye" for $10.95. It was pretty good, thinly cut, flavorful and cooked the way I like it.

Service was so-so, but no real complaints. There was just a lack of engagement on the part of the server, a young girl.

We may go back.

Reviewed 30 January 2017

The food is fair and the atmosphere is very noisy. The wait staff is very busy. If you are a regular customer you get excellent service.

Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

This being a local establishment, it is you have to know where it's at.
Parking is good.
Appetizer food was good, with large group, the service was limited , couldn't keep the buffet table of appetizers full.
Was always behind, group for 90. Bar area service very good.
Comfortable and friendly.

Reviewed 9 August 2016

My husband had the cod which was delicious...I wish I would have ordered it. He had mixed vegetables and wild rice. I had the chicken wrap which was ok. We enjoyed the outdoor patio in the back which was quiet. The indoor seating was quite busy so I guess it's a popular place.