“Great Luch Place”

P J's Tavern In Kirkwood
Ranked #24 of 63 Restaurants in Kirkwood
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Reviewed 17 August 2017

In the heart of downtown Kirkwood, PJ's provides a comfortable setting for dining. Casual yet no loud. Had a fabulous burger and the service was friendly and fast. Great choice.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

Met a friend at PJ's for a quick dinner last week before a meeting. The tavern is on West Jefferson Street in Downtown Kirkwood, so it was certainly easy to find. There are seats out front, several sections of seating inside, and also a back patio.

The menu was interchangeable with any of the numerous similar restaurants in the area: apps, salads, burgers and sandwiches, entrees, beer. I ordered a Santa Fe chicken wrap and an order of French fries (which was extra) with a pint of Smithwick's.

I loved the beer - an ice cold pint glass filled to the brim with a Smithwick's (not easy to find around here on tap but a favorite of mine!). The wrap was small for the money. Also I did not expect the chicken to be miniscule fried chicken tenders. Fries were oversalted and overdone. (I should have just had three Smithwick's and been money ahead!)

Service was so-so and the food was okay I guess, I was just disappointed. Since I vote with my money, I don't expect to go back for dinner. I will, however, be sure to belly up to the bar for some more Smithwick's!

Reviewed 10 April 2017

good food; comfort food; fast food; pleasant dining; onion rings, salads, pizza, moderately priced cheap eats, tvs for sports viewing

Reviewed 6 March 2017

Although we have lived in the area for twenty years, this was our first visit. It was an OK experience. The restaurant consists of several rooms, dimly lit and pleasant enough.

My wife and I had a standard meal. I had a "smothered rib eye" for $10.95. It was pretty good, thinly cut, flavorful and cooked the way I like it.

Service was so-so, but no real complaints. There was just a lack of engagement on the part of the server, a young girl.

We may go back.

Reviewed 30 January 2017

The food is fair and the atmosphere is very noisy. The wait staff is very busy. If you are a regular customer you get excellent service.